Congaree Swamp Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

A father and two children are missing. Major search is underway, but the DNR officer said he was communicating with his officers using text messages? Swamp is 22,000 acres, but flat lands?

Bob

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I heard traffic today in the Spartanburg area on Mutual Aid 1 talkgroup. It was the SLED helicopter coordinating search efforts.

rescuecomm

I will put that in my scanner and hope the talkgroup stays active up here. I know that DSIT has 2 portable trailers with 800, VHF and UHF repeaters on it. It might already be deployed if the search has lasted this long. I suppose the Feds have jurisdiction there since it is a National Park. They probably can't operate on the SC interops.

Bob

gman4661

The Congaree law enforcement officers operate on the local SO channels (Pal 800?).

rescuecomm

The dad said he won't go there again. They had an elevated boardwalk when I was there about 30 years ago to take a guided canoe trip. Unfortunately, it had been so dry, you could have walked most of the canoe trail. We did an Edisto river trip instead. The boardwalk would have been a nice trip for kids, just stay on it.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.