Congradulating Laura Smith and Related Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9NCF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Here is a link to an e-mail that Laura Smith sent to someone which is very admirable, and I hope for all of us, will go towards cleaning up a certain twenty meter frequency. I say this with the meaning that if we all stop responding to a certain Canadian, he'll hopefully get bored and go away, especially that Laura has been very clear that any QRM responses to a certain Canadian's antics will be met with enforcement action!

Laura made the point in her e-mail that while Mr. Madera's actions are juvenile, insensitive, and violent, there is nothing that the FCC can do about him because it is a Canadian matter as he is on the Canadian side of the fence. That is the bad news for us.

Interestingly enough, a certain "1" lander made a comment on QRZ stating that he had some sort of conversation with Laura that implied that she has a "criminal investigation" under way. After reading her e-mail, it would appear to me that maybe she is going to start her promised enforcement actions on part of the people who are being pulled into Madera's act on 14.275.00?

Laura, please do something for us so that we can have this small slice of twenty meters back again. We know you are working hard to do whatever is in your power to help the amateur community.

Here's the link, but be advised that the poster at the website has some criticism of Ms. Smith.

Laura Smith E-Mail Rant

The above link to the site is an attempt by the website owner as I can understand it, to get Madera off the air for good (a good thing). Please do not use this post for anything beyond what it is intended for. It is intended to keep my fellow amateurs abreast of the developments relating to enforcement of illegal activities on 14.275.00

CDN

VE7KFM Duplicate Account
Banned
When in Doubt, Don't Scream, Lie & Shout--Read The Original!

KC9NCF/kc9kow:

Unfortunately, I just tripped across this today and all I can say is: WOW....

I charitably/laconically suggest that you take a step closer to reality--and get another call-sign--because this one is also 'all used up'!

For anyone else interested in the "reality" herein, peruse the copy of the slightly foreshortened/easier to read "Gravamen" of Laura SMITH's e-mail to Randy BEST W7CPA dated 3 Mar '09 a copy of which is found at the bottom and also near the bottom of this:

“RADIO CANADA”—VE7KFM

For the "Original" of Ms. SMITH's e-mail--'warts and all'--as well as its immediate pre-cursors, carefully read this:

Randy 'Racist' BEST W7CPA

Either way--enjoy Laura's blistering diction--and be sure to be guided by it!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Date: March 3, 2009 7:55:40 AM GMT-07:00
To: Randy COX <randybest@cox.net>, William Shine <bill.shine@mac.com>
Subject: RE: Alledgely QRMing my signal on 14.275

Normally I would not get involved in what on the surface appears to be a "he said/she said" type of dispute….
I do feel, however, that some guidance is necessary (that and the fact that I have just about reached the end of my rope with all the players in this little drama!).

Randy -- I don't particularly like what Karol says on the air -- but that does not mean that you (or anyone else) has the right to try to drive him off…. and to tell you the truth, even if I did have jurisdiction over Karol (which I DO NOT) nothing that I have heard thus far rises to the level of an actionable complaint….

Indeed, were Karol an American, his speech would fall squarely under the 1st Amendment -- you know that thing many of our forefathers fought and died for (not to mention our troops overseas right now). When you call yourself patriotic, built within that statement is the acceptance of the Constitution and all it entails -- free speech is one of the cornerstones of that fine document. It doesn't mean only the speech YOU agree with; or only the speech that the majority of folks agree with; or even only speech that isn't offensive to most mature, rational adults. It means ALL speech -- the good, the bad, and yes, even the ugly (as Karol is quite often wont to spout)….

I have requested that Karol tone down his "act"….
He is going to continue the "act" -- and you guys thus far have demonstrated that you are going to continue falling into his trap. What does that say about the cognitive abilities of the Americans as they are all being led around by a master manipulator?

What is within the confines of the rules, however, is the fact that I can (AND WILL) enforce the rules against any Americans who cause harmful interference to Karol (and any of the folks who elect to engage him in QSOs). Let me repeat that so everyone understands it -- RETALIATORY JAMMING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND IS IN VIOLATION OF THE RULES!

I hope you all got my message here -- I have just about had it with the juvenile antics on the part of the American licensees. By the way, playing bulletins and tapes of a deceased licensee repeatedly in an effort to tie up the frequency so that Karol (and others) cannot use it actually does rise to the level of malicious interference -- and is subject to a possible enforcement action. Likewise, I won't even go into the ridiculous sound effects, endless playing of music, and general pre-pubescent behavior that quite a number of folks engage in on a daily basis at 14.275 -- again, all in an attempt to prevent Karol from engaging in QSOs. It needs to stop and needs to stop right now!

Can you tell I'm pissed? If you haven't yet figured it out let me clue you in here -- this behavior either stops now or everyone involved will find themselves on the receiving end of enforcement letters. This is an absolute disgrace -- I know kindergarteners that have shown a higher degree of maturity than the whole bunch of you!!

Laura

Laura L. Smith, Esq. | 1270 Fairfield Road, Gettysburg, PA 17325 | 717-338-2577 (phone) | 717-338-2574 (fax)

elk2370bruce

Karol, the kooky Kanadian, really knows how to push the buttons on those who choose to get bent out of shape by his antics. He sits there, speaking on a one way, non-existent QSO, stirring up his detractors, hearing them repeatedly violate their own license provisions, and laughs his butt off. Why do people fall into that trap? When I don't like what I'm hearing, I have that big knob on the radio that I can turn and just QSY to friendlier grounds. 14.275, besides our BC friend, is also home to two goobers that hang out there on the weekends - complete with long periods of non-use, poor code identifier, and Dodge Boy Sheriff accents (while they work the sheep behind the outhouse) who have bad things to say to anyone daring to use THEIR frequency where a courteous, "Sorry the frequency is in use" would suffice. In any event, Laura is somewhat right. Dear Karol will still continue his one way diatribes but without the jamming from our own "experienced" ops. His website, at least back when I got on the air, read like a case study of extreme psychosis. He is no dummy and plays the jammers like suckers.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
No kooky hf drama for me! :lol:
220mhz. and above!
n9zas

SCPD

QRT
I am Canadian ... and I don't know much about 14.275 but I do agree that I have heard what appears to be broadcast type transmissions on that frequency.

Personally I think that Amateur Radio is all about conversing with someone on the other end, and 14.275 seems to not be about having a meaningful conversation.

I will have to admit that the FCC has no enforcement capability when it comes to Canadians. So has anyone complained to the Canadian authorities ? Sounds to me like someone needs to have their license revoked.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I've always thought that ham radio had something for everyone, and the antics on 14275 just proves the point. It's mostly harmless, sometimes amusing, and when my skin is feeling a bit too thin, I just twist the dial. I'd suggest everyone else just do the same.

CDN

VE7KFM Duplicate Account
Banned
When In Doubt -- Read & Reason...

Bruce OHLENDORF KC2PBJ:

Further to yet another of your largely irrational rants, above, allow me to be more blunt this time: YOU either have s**t-for-brains generally, are a slow-learner in particular and/or have short-to-medium-term memory loss in greater particular.

For why I aver so strongly and to conserve bandwidth, re-read my comment, to YOU, two years ago exactly, dated 2 Apr ’08 in “14.275 USB??” in this very forum:

http://forums.radioreference.com/hf...02-14-275-usb-one-guy-pretending-bunch-2.html

And now for some constructive comments on and a brief discussion of the merits of the TRUE SUBJECT of this thread in general, my original comment in particular and Ms. Laura SMITH’s historically IMPORTANT e-mail especially….

Fairly read, Laura SMITH’s e-mail appears to be an attempt by her to ‘lean on’ the All-American 14.275 Mob to behave in a mature, reasonable, ethical – or if all else fails, LEGAL manner generally – and vis-à-vis Karol MADERA VE7KFM in particular.

But, what YOU and most of the readers may not realize, is that Laura’s e-mail was meant to be a SECRET….

As such, Laura allowed herself poetic licence/hyperbole to ‘damn’ Karol VE7KFM, as the saying goes, “with faint praise”, so as to make her central/greater point, viz.: that the QRM’ing “needs to stop and [it] needs to stop right now!”

In my half-Century+ of non-comatose experience I have seen this approach used – and increasingly abused – especially by ‘do-gooders’ from the USA. Your mileage may vary depending on where you sit.

Irrespective, this approach is dangerous and arguably is NOT ethical, even in the pursuit of a “Greater Good”. Not ethical, because its secret/behind the scenes nature is unfair to the individual being caricatured/‘bad-mouthed’. Dangerous, because when such ‘obiter’ ramblings become public – as they often do – they tend to cause more damage than they purport to fix. Even more importantly, they tend to mislead poorly-reading/feeble-reasoning individuals, such as Dan HENSLEY KC9NCF/kc9kow and YOU, among others, as amply demonstrated here.

Again, allow me to explain/expound more fully….

The “Gravamen” as Karol writes, or “Holding” as your shysters are wont to say, or the ‘Pith and Substance’ of Laura’s de facto ‘Order’ is: STOP the QRM in general – and to Karol in particular – OR ELSE!

In support, Laura cites such ‘lightweights’, HI, as “THE RULES” [i.e. YOUR Part 97] and the US Constitution!!

Everything else very arguably is a YAWN, ‘noise’, ‘suck-up’, or less….

But Dan KC9NCF/kc9kow in his originating post and YOU would nevertheless latch onto this ‘noise’ – falsely re-stated at that – and would try to make it the central theme of your comment(s). Dan and YOU make largely irrational comments about/opine on – Laura’s throw-away/marginal hyperbolic comments – while failing to address the brutally-stated if inconvenient CENTRAL FACTS & TRUTH of her e-mail. That is NOT rational/reasonable…. In fact, that is downright “Coo Coo”/”kooky” to borrow YOUR CB-esque defamatory alliterations repeatedly used by YOU against Karol!

Speaking of “Coo Coo”/”kooky”, it is YOU who is demonstrably “Coo Coo”, for example, for averring without proof that: “He sits there, speaking on a one way, non-existent QSO”. Just because YOU do not hear the tree fall in the forest, does NOT mean that it does not make a sound! Even as a relatively new General, YOU should know better!

BTW Want to put your unfounded allegation that Karol has “non-existent QSO’s” to the test? I’ll give YOU 10:1 odds…. PUT UP or SHUT UP!

And as to Karol’s attributed, signed and even © ONE & ONLY hard-hitting website:

“RADIO CANADA”—VE7KFM

the ONLY place where Laura’s CRITICALLY IMPORTANT e-mail and its background can be publicly found – how does it compare to the un-attributed, un-signed, cloaked, fraudulent and clearly PSYCHOTIC website ‘as if by’ VE7KFM cited by Dan KC9NCF/kc9kow above, about which YOU also remain so strangely silent?

“Coo Coo” indeed!!!

Twister_2

Feed Provider
I must give her a tip of my hat because when I was first licensed, they screwed up my address. I tried calling them; I took my general and changed my address; I used the uls twice, all with no yield. Finally when she came to speak at our radio meeting, I gave her a paper with my address on it and told her my story. Sure enough, one week later I got a new license in the mail.

CDN

VE7KFM Duplicate Account
Banned
Canadian, Eh?

I am Canadian ... and I don't know much about 14.275 but I do agree that I have heard what appears to be broadcast type transmissions on that frequency.

Personally I think that Amateur Radio is all about conversing with someone on the other end, and 14.275 seems to not be about having a meaningful conversation.

I will have to admit that the FCC has no enforcement capability when it comes to Canadians. So has anyone complained to the Canadian authorities ? Sounds to me like someone needs to have their license revoked.

Kevin:

Why did you write this?

It’s a testament to: (1) your patently inattentive monitoring; (2) your obviously fuzzy reading/reasoning; and (3) your sloppy – if not purposely misleading – writing!

I’ll explain….

If you monitored, as opposed to scanned 14.275 MHz you would have realized – at least twice in less than 10 min. – that it’s Glenn K1MAN who is making the “broadcast type transmissions on that frequency.” FYI Glenn has been doing it 24/7/365 since early July 2009.

And if you had read/thought about – but carefully/intelligently as behooves a supposed Canadian – the 14.275 situation, concerning which you “don’t know much”, say even as set out by Karol VE7KFM on his Front Page:

“RADIO CANADA”—VE7KFM

even you might have realized that Glenn K1MAN was/is amateur radio’s “once and future King” on 14.275 transmitting Bulletins of Amateur Interest and NOT Karol!!

So, for you to write: (1) asking if anyone has complained to Canadian authorities; and then (2) opining that Karol’s licence be revoked – for something an American has been/is doing – is an absolute outrage!!!

Come to think of it Kevin, are you sure that you’re a Canadian?

elk2370bruce

Bruce OHLENDORF KC2PBJ:

Further to yet another of your largely irrational rants, above, allow me to be more blunt this time: YOU either have s**t-for-brains generally, are a slow-learner in particular and/or have short-to-medium-term memory loss in greater particular.

For why I aver so strongly and to conserve bandwidth, re-read my comment, to YOU, two years ago exactly, dated 2 Apr ’08 in “14.275 USB??” in this very forum:

http://forums.radioreference.com/hf...02-14-275-usb-one-guy-pretending-bunch-2.html

And now for some constructive comments on and a brief discussion of the merits of the TRUE SUBJECT of this thread in general, my original comment in particular and Ms. Laura SMITH’s historically IMPORTANT e-mail especially….

Fairly read, Laura SMITH’s e-mail appears to be an attempt by her to ‘lean on’ the All-American 14.275 Mob to behave in a mature, reasonable, ethical – or if all else fails, LEGAL manner generally – and vis-à-vis Karol MADERA VE7KFM in particular.

But, what YOU and most of the readers may not realize, is that Laura’s e-mail was meant to be a SECRET….

As such, Laura allowed herself poetic licence/hyperbole to ‘damn’ Karol VE7KFM, as the saying goes, “with faint praise”, so as to make her central/greater point, viz.: that the QRM’ing “needs to stop and [it] needs to stop right now!”

In my half-Century+ of non-comatose experience I have seen this approach used – and increasingly abused – especially by ‘do-gooders’ from the USA. Your mileage may vary depending on where you sit.

Irrespective, this approach is dangerous and arguably is NOT ethical, even in the pursuit of a “Greater Good”. Not ethical, because its secret/behind the scenes nature is unfair to the individual being caricatured/‘bad-mouthed’. Dangerous, because when such ‘obiter’ ramblings become public – as they often do – they tend to cause more damage than they purport to fix. Even more importantly, they tend to mislead poorly-reading/feeble-reasoning individuals, such as Dan HENSLEY KC9NCF/kc9kow and YOU, among others, as amply demonstrated here.

Again, allow me to explain/expound more fully….

The “Gravamen” as Karol writes, or “Holding” as your shysters are wont to say, or the ‘Pith and Substance’ of Laura’s de facto ‘Order’ is: STOP the QRM in general – and to Karol in particular – OR ELSE!

In support, Laura cites such ‘lightweights’, HI, as “THE RULES” [i.e. YOUR Part 97] and the US Constitution!!

Everything else very arguably is a YAWN, ‘noise’, ‘suck-up’, or less….

But Dan KC9NCF/kc9kow in his originating post and YOU would nevertheless latch onto this ‘noise’ – falsely re-stated at that – and would try to make it the central theme of your comment(s). Dan and YOU make largely irrational comments about/opine on – Laura’s throw-away/marginal hyperbolic comments – while failing to address the brutally-stated if inconvenient CENTRAL FACTS & TRUTH of her e-mail. That is NOT rational/reasonable…. In fact, that is downright “Coo Coo”/”kooky” to borrow YOUR CB-esque defamatory alliterations repeatedly used by YOU against Karol!

Speaking of “Coo Coo”/”kooky”, it is YOU who is demonstrably “Coo Coo”, for example, for averring without proof that: “He sits there, speaking on a one way, non-existent QSO”. Just because YOU do not hear the tree fall in the forest, does NOT mean that it does not make a sound! Even as a relatively new General, YOU should know better!

BTW Want to put your unfounded allegation that Karol has “non-existent QSO’s” to the test? I’ll give YOU 10:1 odds…. PUT UP or SHUT UP!

And as to Karol’s attributed, signed and even © ONE & ONLY hard-hitting website:

“RADIO CANADA”—VE7KFM

the ONLY place where Laura’s CRITICALLY IMPORTANT e-mail and its background can be publicly found – how does it compare to the un-attributed, un-signed, cloaked, fraudulent and clearly PSYCHOTIC website ‘as if by’ VE7KFM cited by Dan KC9NCF/kc9kow above, about which YOU also remain so strangely silent?

“Coo Coo” indeed!!!

CDN, nee Karol by any other name, (or a poor clone) reveals a remarkably similar writing style to the above referenced site (I checked with a writing expert). To quote Shakespere, "The Gentleman Doth Protest Too Much". Are we hitting to close to the truth for you to handle? Personal insults (or your poor attempts of same) are accepted with peals of laughter and a hearty "Harumph" for they have elicited the desired, predictable, response - just as Karol carefully choreographs the outrageous response from his detractors. I'll let your comments above speak for themselves.

CDN

VE7KFM Duplicate Account
Banned
Why Johnny can't read, write or reason...

Thank you "Z" for sending me this link:

http://nces.ed.gov/pubs93/93275.pdf

"The Literacy Skills of America’s Adults"
from the Executive Summary of "Adult Literacy in America"

Twenty-one to 23 percent — or some 40 to 44 million of the 191 million
adults in this country — demonstrated skills in the lowest level of prose,
document, and quantitative proficiencies (Level 1). Though all adults in this
level displayed limited skills, their characteristics are diverse. Many adults in
this level performed simple, routine tasks involving brief and uncomplicated
texts and documents. For example, they were able to total an entry on a
deposit slip, locate the time or place of a meeting on a form, and identify a
piece of specific information in a brief news article. Others were unable to
perform these types of tasks, and some had such limited skills that they were
unable to respond to much of the survey.

Some 25 to 28 percent of the respondents, representing about 50 million
adults nationwide, demonstrated skills in the next higher level of proficiency
(Level 2) on each of the literacy scales. While their skills were more varied
than those of individuals performing in Level 1, their repertoire was still
quite limited. They were generally able to locate information in text, to make
low-level inferences using printed materials, and to integrate easily
identifiable pieces of information. Further, they demonstrated the ability to
perform quantitative tasks that involve a single operation where the numbers
are either stated or can be easily found in text. For example, adults in this
level were able to calculate the total cost of a purchase or determine the
difference in price between two items. They could also locate a particular
intersection on a street map and enter background information on a simple
form.

Individuals in Levels 1 and 2 were much less likely to respond correctly to
the more challenging literacy tasks in the assessment — those requiring
higher level reading and problem-solving skills. In particular, they were apt
to experience considerable difficulty in performing tasks that required them
to integrate or synthesize information from complex or lengthy texts or to
perform quantitative tasks that involved two or more sequential operations
and in which the individual had to set up the problem.

The approximately 90 million adults who performed in Levels 1 and 2 did
not necessarily perceive themselves as being “at risk.” Across the literacy
scales, 66 to 75 percent of the adults in the lowest level and 93 to 97 percent
in the second lowest level described themselves as being able to read or
write English “well” or “very well.”

N

N_Jay

Do you have an equivalent source for Canada, or is yours an irrelevant one-sided and meaningless post?

elk2370bruce

Do you have an equivalent source for Canada, or is yours an irrelevant one-sided and meaningless post?
I believe you have answered the question in your last phrase to the tee. Irrelevancy, and lengthy anonymous quotes from sources like "Z" and that mystical Brian (always below the noise level) that Karol says the same things to repeatedly (on different nights) are little more than smoke, mirrors, and the haven for weak arguments and intellectual frustration. CDN, nee Karol, is unworthy of further response since we have already driven a large nail through his ego (or is it alter-ego?) for a initial desired, almost Pavlovian, reflexive response. Just let him ramble on alone, NJ-Jay, for it only gets funnier and self descriptive . False flags are still an enjoyable game - even after all these many years.

Last edited:

steve_tkh

CDN/KAROL lost the argument already

I ask a friend in the States to do a freedom of information request on this "email from Laura" when it was posted on qrz.com and reply from FCC was "this email does not exist and appear nowhere in our files" and ever since this time I have been reading "Radio Canada" -- VE7KFM & FRIENDS and doing the reserche. What I have found is KFM was not allowed to practice law; was thrown out of Real Estate Board; banned from eham and qrz.com; is not a retired navy captain, and when calling FCC was told by Laura Smith herself to ignore this man. He is not taken seriously due to mental problem and speaking to IC have received hundreds of complaints about him, including our own RAC. So my advice is ignore l'enfant terrible and the Victoria B.C. Pissoire hosted at Shaw and read instead the excellent VE7KFM.com.

Steve, TKH

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I am closing this thread. It was started by a now banned memeber and was revivied by and individual who seems to have his own agenda.

We a RadioReference, and specifially the staff overseeing the forums don't want to become babysitters to he said/she said blog fests that have nothing to do with radio monitoring in general. This thread does not.

To those that think this is wrong, unfair, or just plain mean, too bad. Keep it up, start a new fest or continue down this same road and you will be joining the OP of this thread in the outsiders looking in group.

Status
Not open for further replies.