connect systems cs-701

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Confirmed with Jerry in early December that the MDC feature will NOT have DOS capability. It's what stopped me from getting it to use it for my county's public safety channels (NFM VHF analog with MDC on post for all radios). I have a 700 already & love it, as the tri-state area around here has all DMR ham on UHF...

SCPD

QRT
Another way to look at it.

One costs >kilobuck while the other costs <$200: there are always going to be major differences in the feature set. As an owner of the latter, I can live with that, just like I have no problem turning the dial to get another repeater rather than having a Roaming feature to do it for me.

But if the cost of a used 6550 is closed to the cost of a new CS-700, what's the better deal?

I'm wanting to get a Trbo mobile, but I'm waiting 'til this new radio comes out.
And I'm waiting a couple months after it comes out, to see how others like it.
I'm not gonna get the first, just to pay to be a beta user.
The delivery date's been pushed back more than the Detroit Lions
Quite frankly, I think by time it comes out, a used 4550 is gonna be close to the same price as the new mobile. .

If that's the case, what's the better deal?

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
CS-700

I still think this`ll be one sweet radio :). I defenitely will have a good hard look at one if they have one there at Dayton this year, might even snag one. Like i said, if the price is right i`ll be runnin` back to WI with a new radio on my carry-on along with the shortwave reciever i`m looking at getting :), and i`ll have something to occupy my time on the train as i figure out how to use the unit (won`t be able to actually use it till i get home, as they don`t take well to folks using audio devices without an earpice or headphones on the train :), no biggie there). This should be really fun to watch just to see what crops up, and i`m looking forward to this too. N9NRA

N5TWB

But if the cost of a used 6550 is closed to the cost of a new CS-700, what's the better deal?

I'm wanting to get a Trbo mobile, but I'm waiting 'til this new radio comes out.
And I'm waiting a couple months after it comes out, to see how others like it.
I'm not gonna get the first, just to pay to be a beta user.
The delivery date's been pushed back more than the Detroit Lions
Quite frankly, I think by time it comes out, a used 4550 is gonna be close to the same price as the new mobile. .

If that's the case, what's the better deal?

As in many things, the answer is "it depends." The primary dependent factor is whether you personally have the infrastructure to support your choice of the /\/\, i.e. the software and the wherewithal to pay the annual license so you can update the programming. The only people around here that have chosen the batwing brand either have that infrastructure or access to it through work.

I think you're wise in plan to delay on the CS7000 as it continues to follow the vaporware pattern. You may be correct about the relative pricing of a new CS vs. used TRBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.