Connect Systems CS-800 amperage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spankymedic7

Hi all,

Does anyone know the amperage for the Connect Systems CS-800? I'm connecting it to a Rig Runner and need to know which fuse to use.

That's all. Thanks in advance.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
15A will be more than enough. Spec’s probably say max 12A or 13A draw on high power. It’s likely much less than that. I’ve got a VHF, 25w XPR-5550 that draws a bit over 4A on high power. A 50w rig in theory should be around double. You may even be able to get away with a 10A Fuse if you have a properly matched antenna

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Page 4 of the CS800D has the specs, but they are all over the place. Here is what it says -
- "Recommended current capacity of the power supply is 14A or more"
- The radio is fused at 15A
- The DC power cable inline fuse is 20A
- There is another statement on p. 4 that reads, "For your transceiver to fully exhibit its performance capabilities, we recommend using the power supply could output 23 A, 25% duty cycle."
The radio definitely draws less power when in DMR transmit than FM analog. However, I have mine operating in a 15A fused socket and have had no trouble whatever with blown fuses.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Most modern Asian VHF/UHF 50 watt mobile radios that I've seen draw somewhere in the range of 9 to 15 amps when transmitting at full power.

The CS-800D brochure says 13.6V DC +/-20%, but no current requirements. Thanks for providing only half the information.

So, let's look at the Users Manual. It says 13.8V DC +/- 15%. OK, this is different from the brochure and still doesn't provide the current requirement.

I'm beginning to think that Connect Systems doesn't know what the DC power requirements are and their printed material is just guesswork.

@popnokick What document were you looking at?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Yes, the manual gives two different power supply recommendations and lists two different fuses. The published specifications for the radio should list the power supply requirements in terms of voltage and current.

Spankymedic7

Thank you to all who replied. I must have looked for the manual online for an hour, then called a friend...neither of us could find it. Thank you very much for the advice and information!

Status
Not open for further replies.