SDS100/SDS200: Connect to the Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Seem to have a learning curve here on how to get the SDS100 to communicate with the computer and have Sentinel version 2 revision 2 taking with the scanner. USB1 or USB2/Charge?

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I connected the scanner cable to the scanner and computer USB port and nothing happens. Never a prompt to select the E button.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Then your USB cable only has power and not data connections, or your port has a problem.

n1oty

Premium Subscriber
Where do I bet a UBS cable that will work?

I am running Windows 10.

I use the USB cable that came with the scanner. Disconnect from the AC adapter, plug the "A" end into the computer USB port and the mini "B" end into the scanner.

John

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
One came with the device also you have to power it on and let it load before it will have you press e

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well it's missed up with other USB cables, what does the cable look like how and how long.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
One reason you want to use the factory cable is that the SDS100 consumes more power than most USB devices, and a lot of USB cables are made of thinner wire and will cause voltage errors when you use them to connect the SDS100.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Will someone please post a picture of the cable and is there any thing on the USB part like some design.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
This is the cable that came in the box I marked mine with red paint.

I used to mark cables using address labels.

Thanks for the picture, but most of my cables look like this. Maybe the cable length might help, please post the length.

Does the cable have some small gray lettering.

Is there a letter B on the small connection end.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The main difference from most other USB cables is the RF choke in the cable (the extra "lump" in the cord near the scanner end).

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
The main difference from most other USB cables is the RF choke in the cable (the extra "lump" in the cord near the scanner end).

I stuffed all those same type of USB cables in plastic bag, 8 in all. Going through them I found 2 identicall which must be for the BC246 and the SDS100 and another 3 identically must be for another scanner manufacture. If the same identical cable works for the BC246 on the SDS100, I believed I have the 2 cables for my Uniden scanners.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I stuffed all those same type of USB cables in plastic bag, 8 in all. Going through them I found 2 identical which must be for the BC246 and the SDS100 and another 3 identically must be for another scanner manufacture. If the same identical cable works for the BC246 on the SDS100, I believed I have the 2 cables for my Uniden scanners.

Nope, the 246 uses a different cable than the SDS100.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Nope, the 246 uses a different cable than the SDS100.
Yep
I stuffed all those same type of USB cables in plastic bag, 8 in all. Going through them I found 2 identicall which must be for the BC246 and the SDS100 and another 3 identically must be for another scanner manufacture. If the same identical cable works for the BC246 on the SDS100, I believed I have the 2 cables for my Uniden scanners.
Did you actually men the 436HP, not 246?

Status
Not open for further replies.