Connecticut courthouses

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody happen to know the frequencies for the courthouses around Connecticut I'm looking for New Haven and Hartford County Middlesex County But anybody has any other counties I'll take it thank you

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The Judicial Marshals are on the CSP Trunked System. The Judicial Marshals are as follows
49264 - Statewide Judicial Marshals
49232 - Eastern Judicial Marshals
49200 - Western Judicial Marshals

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
The Judicial Marshals are on the CSP Trunked System. The Judicial Marshals are as follows
49264 - Statewide Judicial Marshals
49232 - Eastern Judicial Marshals
49200 - Western Judicial Marshals

Those are the talk groups for the prisoner transport vans. The OP is looking for the courthouse security radio frequencies. I believe they use Kenwood TK-380 (UHF) portables. Looking through an old "Official Connecticut Scanner Guide-Seventh Edition by Keith Victor, I found the following UHF frequencies;

I believe these are still in use statewide with a PL of 114.8 according to the book.
Keep in mind that this is information from a book that is quite a few years old. Use these as a starting point and see what you get.

Manny

Last edited:

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I heard them on the state police system But I'm talking about the security Guards Somebody told me UHF or VHF Conventional channels

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Whoops, sorry, I read that wrong. My apologies.

For GA 10 in New London and GA 21 in Norwich I have 465.4625, with no PL.

Last edited:

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Those are the talk groups for the prisoner transport vans. The OP is looking for the courthouse security radio frequencies. I believe they use Kenwood TK-380 (UHF) portables. Looking through an old "Official Connecticut Scanner Guide-Seventh Edition by Keith Victor, I found the following UHF frequencies;

I believe these are still in use statewide with a PL of 114.8 according to the book.
Keep in mind that this is information from a book that is quite a few years old. Use these as a starting point and see what you get.

Manny

I can confirm these freqs are still in use. I hear Milford Superior Court and Bridgeport courts using them all of the time. And PL 114.8 is correct. They use simplex operation on them.
Bob

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I can confirm these freqs are still in use. I hear Milford Superior Court and Bridgeport courts using them all of the time. And PL 114.8 is correct. They use simplex operation on them.
Bob

Thanks Bob! I figured they were still in use.Judicial branch is very cheap and they dont spend money unless they have to on things like this. The TK380s they use have been around since 2000 when they took over the Sheriffs' department.

Manny

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Thanks Bob! I figured they were still in use.Judicial branch is very cheap and they dont spend money unless they have to on things like this. The TK380s they use have been around since 2000 when they took over the Sheriffs' department.

Manny
Yes they haven't migrated away from simplex. Guess they really don't need to.
Yes I like those Kenwoods. They last forever. I have a couple of TK390's. Good radios. They do Ham very nicely.
Bob

BobWannagot

Premium Subscriber
Judicial Branch

At one time the Judicial Branch was using Marcus Trunked (passport LTR) radios in New Haven - And some simplex channels were programed foe NHPD channels on the Kenwood models id'd as J units on NHPD

cg

Premium Subscriber
The Marcus system was for transporting the prisoners. That same basic setup is on the 800MHz CSP trunked system.

chris

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
They had several TK-880s set up as base radios throughout the counties when the Marcus system was in use.

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.