Connecticut Encon Police Talk Groups on the State Police System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schoolcop

Has anyone found the talk groups fro the State Encon Police. I heard when I was working in the park the other day for one of them to switch over to there talk group for testing. I asked one of the officers if he knew what the talk groups were and told me it all it says on his state police radio is East Marine or Talk Around but no talk group numbers. They are supose to go on line in August once the radio ger was set up at there dispatch center in Hartford. They are still on the old low band system and will be similcast until the system is fully up and running. Each of the shore parks are going to hae one base station for the parks to get a hold of them once the system is fully up. We will see how this works out they aready have the State police radios in the trucks and have for some time they do go to the troops talk groups every once in a while for different reasons. Any help on the talk groups would be a great help. Thanks

kmacinct

Not sure of the talk group (yet) ... .but will monitor..

They don't have 800Mhz portables that I am aware of - just the mobiles - they will have to come up with some kind of solution for this - - maybe vehicle repeater?

Also kind of upset that they will not be able to monitor the local troop area they are patrolling in. I know they have provided backup and other assistance just by hearing what their local troop is doing. Now they will be isolated on their own talk group. There has to be some kind solution for this . . .

cg

Premium Subscriber
They have 30 or so TGs in the range where the radios are showing up, every step in the 22416/1401 to 22880/1430 range. Looks like several hundred radios with COs likely each getting a mobile and portable. In addition to clear traffic, encryption logged on each TG as well.

Couple confirmed ID's:
22512 PARKS EAST
22528 PARKS WEST

chris

Schoolcop

I had talked to one of the SGT and he said that he was told that they would be in the clear. As far as them still listening to the State police in each of the trucks do have the scan option on there vehicle radio so they can still listen to the troops if they want to. Both the East and West districs should each get talk around channels as well. Both East and West Districs should also be getting talk around channels as well.

cg

Premium Subscriber
22416 ECON EAST
22432 ECON WEST

For those along the shore, looking for the Marine TGs.

Also, if anyone knows or looks at a DEEP radio, are there channel numbers or just TG Aliases? PM or email if you don't want to post info or don't want it made public yet.

chris
hiker8261(at)cox.net or yahoo.com

JimmyMac

Premium Subscriber
I good friend of mine who is a DEEP officer was told they will have a digital mobile as well as a portable.

scollier

Haven't heard'm since friday on 22432. ENC would be for safety reasons. You don't want to let a drunken hunter know you're lookin for them! i.e. Alaska State Trooper ALMR full ENC.

best for a safe holiday!
shawn

PS Jon A. I'll Email you soon bud! Things have gotten busy here since 9/2013. Hope all is well!

csp662

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing more activity on ENCON West. Sounds like they are trying to switch to using the State Police radio codes.
Here is a list of their current radio codes:

07- Check prior record F&G
08- Check prior record criminal
10- Accident
11- Fatality - any type
12- Motor vehicle stop
13- Item/package
14- On the air-available
16- Telephone call
20- Repeat
25- Wants/warrants
29- Location
32- Meet/report to
35- On duty/general patrol
36- License check (Op/MV/Boat)
37- MV/Op License suspension check
45- Home officer
48- Off the air at ____
49- Off duty/end of shift
50- Message
70- Phone home
82- Illegal deer hunt/kill
85- Jacklighting
99- Nuclear alert/drill
100- ???? I hear this alot but it's not on my list

Schoolcop

Signal 100 means they are using there truck for personal use and are on the air. Sometimes you will hear them go signal 49 and say switch me to 100 meaning they will be using the truck for some pesonal thing which they are allowed to use the truck as for personal use just like the troopers can. Also signal 31 is a fatal of any type not a signal 11 that is the State police code for a fatal car accident.

K1EAK

Premium Subscriber
Ok let me rephrase......when will the programming info available on Radio Reference.
Fred
K1EAK

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you are looking for the automatic download way to monitor it, it needs to be submitted, then the database updated with the submission. Just because something is discussed here doesn't mean someone submitted it.
If you use a favorite list, you can add it manually. Obviously, those who program older scanners can merely edit their CSP systems to add the new TGIDs.

chris

K1EAK

Premium Subscriber
Chris i have a home patrol hich has troop C,W,and H in it but i dont know ho to add it manually.
Fred

Schoolcop

The Encon officer have switched over to there talk groups on the State Police radio Sytem as of last week. The low band system is off line except for channel 4 44.92MHZ which is being used only by the sesonal officers to talk to dispatch. So the only time you will be hearing them on channel 4 is if they are calling one of the seasonal officers for a call or if one of the seasonal officers is calling in a plate or something like that. All full time Encon officers are on the DEEP talk groups.

K1EAK

Premium Subscriber
I have the Butel ARC patrol programming softare for my home patrol. I just manually added bothTG's to the troop H and troop C databases and I Finally heard them a few times. I dont know if this is the proper way to o it, but it ill have to do until data comes out on Radio Reference.
Fred
K1EAK.....formerly KB1ZJG

Status
Not open for further replies.