connecticut state police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

No one knows unless they work on the inside.

From what we know, only some places are encrypted and some new ones might go encrypted. If you're wondering about getting a p25 phase 2 scanner, just do it. It's fun having a do-it-all scanner

Dan6071

Premium Subscriber
I seen some one posted a 996xlp2 scanner for sale for $800.00 i called uniden no such scanner like that.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
is connecticut state police going encrypted
Are you asking because you want a new scanner or you're not hearing something you used to or?
At some point all law enforcement will. But is that two years, five, or ten from now? No one knows. I think it's relatively safe to take the plunge today though.
No one knows if they all will or not with 100% certainty.

Bob1955

I owned the 996XT and now own the P2. Without getting into heavy detail, the p2 wins hands down on digital trunking. I believe the 992p2 is the best scanner Uniden has made to date. Just my opinion.

Manny
N1SQB, I have to agree with you 100% on the Bearcat BCD-996P2. It has been a "problem free" scanner since I purchased it last August 2019.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
N1SQB, I have to agree with you 100% on the Bearcat BCD-996P2. It has been a "problem free" scanner since I purchased it last August 2019.
I don't have a 996P2 but I do have a 325P2 that I bought back in 2016. I have to say, aside from the paint starting to come off of the keys, I overall agree in the solid quality of that line.
The poor little thing has been through a lot, especially being a handheld and subject to more abuse than a base. But it keeps on ticking.

Bob1955

I don't have a 996P2 but I do have a 325P2 that I bought back in 2016. I have to say, aside from the paint starting to come off of the keys, I overall agree in the solid quality of that line.
The poor little thing has been through a lot, especially being a handheld and subject to more abuse than a base. But it keeps on ticking.
darkness975, the same problem happened with a BC-125AT, those keys fade out. That happened on a friend of mine. I tend to like the base scanners better, louder audio and not a plastic case. The BCD-996P2/BCD-325P2 are SOLID performers!
How is your SDS-100 working out? What's going on in CT? Restrictions being lifted yet.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
darkness975, the same problem happened with a BC-125AT, those keys fade out.

YUP, same here. Love my 125AT but the keys are almost completely faded out. Not so with my base scanners. My p2 gets heavy daily use and it still going strong without any issues or fading.

Manny

Cheeseburgers

wait so the end game here is all law enforcement will be encrypted at some point? that I don't buy. full encryption is positively stupid.

Reconrider

wait so the end game here is all law enforcement will be encrypted at some point? that I don't buy. full encryption is positively stupid.
That’s always the final stop is full encryption. But it is 100% a possibility. Until it happens, let’s just enjoy what we can

stormycat

Feed Provider
As of right now, will a phase 1 scanner work properly of this system? I programmed into my 396xt and it jumps to all the sites and doesn’t sit on one like the old system

As of right now, will a phase 1 scanner work properly of this system? I programmed into my 396xt and it jumps to all the sites and doesn’t sit on one like the old system
Yes. I use a 396XT right next to a 325P2 and the 396XT hears the exact same traffic.

I am in Middletown.

cg

Premium Subscriber
obviously you will not hear the Phase 2 traffic but you will hear the Troops and the other TGIDs that are still phase 1

chris

JimHumphrey

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if troop "D" has gone encrypted, I was down there a couple of days ago and heard nothing, was able to hear other troops though.

Status
Not open for further replies.