Connecting BCD436HP Earphone Jack to My PC Line In?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobFam

I found that I have a Line In on my PC Realtek sound card which I have never used as I use a USB headset. From what I can find the PC Line In is a stereo jack.

I have connected a stereo cable with 3.5mm plugs into the Line In Jack and to the earphone jack on my BCD436HP. It kills the audio. If I slightly pull the plug going into the earphone jack I can get audio. I believe the audio is really mono and that Uniden has connected both the tip and ring together on the radio jack.

How can I connect it so I have audio?

Thanks, Bob.

cmdrwill

You probably need a isolation transformer. Also known as a Ground idolator, or Hum reducer.

For the on your PC Realtec, a 10 k audio transformer would work. Cheaper that the Hum reducers on Amazon, ect.

BobFam

Thanks. Is it a ground loop problem? I don't have any hum. Will it pass the stereo audio thru the Line In in stereo so I can listen with stereo headsets and get audio on both the right and left speakers?

You could toy around with a set of adapters to match the stereo plug connector and convert it to mono if you want.

hvytrucker

HvyTrucker
Why are you worried about how much datta is used, do you have a data limit on your home internet service?

Here's a few things to try:
  1. When you plug in a stereo earphones in can you hear it in both left & right? If not then I would look for a mono 3.5mm to stereo 3.5mm adapter.
  2. You also might want to check your audio settings to make sure your recording & playback devices are enabled and set...

Status
Not open for further replies.