SDS100/SDS200: Connecting SDS100 to Unitrunker software

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
This may not be the right place for this question, but here goes . . .
I'm familiar with using Unitrunker with a GRE scanner, but need some guidance on the mechanics of how to connect the SDS100 to the Unitrunker software.
Can I use the USB programming interface cable? What settings should be used in the software?
Thanks in advance

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
Thanks @nessnet
I already have Unitrunker and I'm familiar with it.
I may have to break down and get ProScan, but for now I'm holding out for someone who is using (or has used) the '100 with Unitrunker.

David

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Am I missing something? Sentinel is available free and is designed for use with the SDS scanners.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
@KK4JUG thanks also to you for the reply. I also have Sentinel, and that's what I use to program the SDS100. I was just asking if someone was familiar with the Unitrunker/SDS100 combination.

David

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
I don't recall, but could be mistaken, that the SDS100 has any discriminator audio out option, Which is what you'd need to properly do any PC software decoding. (Even though there's an sdr in there)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I don't recall, but could be mistaken, that the SDS100 has any discriminator audio out option, Which is what you'd need to properly do any PC software decoding. (Even though there's an sdr in there)
brent, you are correct.
There is no option in the menu for the SDS series scanners nor the x36HP series to initiate any control channel data output. Perhaps, for the SDS series, the extra micro-USB ports might have eventually been configured to provide that. I know that the late UPMan hinted broadly that those ports had a 'future use', but after his passing, nothing has been announced. Unfortunately, only Uniden could answer the question as to the intended (future) use of those ports, and whether that project was discontinued after Paul's untimely passing.

The 'Set C-CH Output' does exist on both the XT & P2 series scanners, and for those with the Extreme Upgrade, the HP-1 & HP-2 have an option for "Raw Data Output".

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Why tie up a $650 scanner when you can accomplish exactly the same with a $30 RTL dongle? :unsure:

But no, the SDS series will not work with Unitrunker.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
@GTR8000 I'm not going to tie up the SDS100 long term. I was just using it for "research," if you will. I like the way I can get information about the P25 transmitter site while using the GRE scanner. I'm a newbie with the '100 and wondered if it would do the same thing. Thanks again.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.