• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Connector for PD78x with all contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottosykora

I have following problem: I need to build an adapter box, alowing me to use the hytera tuner software for test and adjustment of the radios on a test bench.
So far the input and output of audio signals and PTT is concerned, I can take just a external microphone and will find all in the cable. But for the Hytera tuner software, I need to connect USB at the same time.
So far I did not find any connector to have all the pins included, those for audio and also those for USB.
How do people do their testbox?
Does someone know of a suitable connector having all the pins in it?
How do people use the tuner software really?

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
on the 26 pin connector...
10 USB Data +
11 USB Ground
19 USB Data -

7 external MIC audio
8 RX Audio output (not amplified)
9 Speaker - (paired with Speaker +)
18 Speaker + (paired with Speaker -)

Need to program pin 16 for "External MIC PTT" (active low)

ottosykora

yes, but where do I find a connector with those pins included?
When I take connector from ext mic, I have all the audio in it but not usb.
The prog cable has just usb but no audio in it.
So I am looking for the hardware having those pins.
It is connector on PD78x handheld radio, not mobile.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry. I was thinking mobile radio. All I can think of there might be to get a couple of aftermarket speaker microphones and use the pins from one of them for the USB pins on the other. It looks like the OEM connectors are sealed; that's why I receommend an aftermarket microphone. Some of them have connectors what have screws holding them together under the rubber seal.

ottosykora

ok will have to see where I get some after market mic

I have now ordered some kind of audio connector, 2 pc, where I will see if I can break them apart and produce a combined connector.
It will come next week from UK, so I will report here what they are useful for.

ottosykora

So I tried to get one of some 3rd party connectors for the PD78x. I got this one:
Replacement Hytera PD782 & PD785 Connector

however, also this one can not be opened.
Dispite the big cost of trasport (5x cost of connector) I will have to cut it appart and see how it is made inside and see what can be done to produce full connector including audio and usb in one.
aftermarket mic or similar which ist not sealed, please let me know.
I am for sure not the only one who needs connect the radio to a testset and computer (hytera tuner software) at the same time.
I would be interested how it is done elsewhere.

dazey77

Not played with the PD7xx connector but on the pd6xx / x1p connector it was possible to lever the connector apart and move pins about. I wanted an acc connection and reused an earphone lead by moving pins. With multiple connectors could have added pins but perhaps pd7xx is completely different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ottosykora

I found some british company, they would do a connector with all pins, but either I take some 500 of it or if I need just few of them, they would charge some 300 £ or so for each one....
giving up for the moement
still if someone finds a product with PD78x connector with either all pins or which can be disassembled, pls let me know

Sputnik1

I dont know if this helps but........

I tried making up a programming lead for an MD785 - rear socket no problem but I needed one for the mic socket
and like your problem the programming wires are missing from the plug and the plug is sealed.

I ended up cutting it carefully open with a hacksaw and craft knife and then melting the internal gunge to expose the unused connector
once there I just soldered up the necessary USB wires and hey presto I have a front socket programming lead made from scrap
and available in 20 mins and not 5 days and a pain in the wallet :cool:

I hope this helps

ottosykora

. With multiple connectors could have added pins but perhaps pd7xx is completely different.

well yes, this is what I am currently working on. But the PD78 connector is much more difficult to take appart, all is completey burried with resin.
If I succeed, I will report here.

dazey77

I just rewired one of these to get the emergency button and GPIO

It come apart, you take off the rubber, 2 screws underneath and the pins/PCB comes out. You can change the wiring on the back or if you bought two, you could add the missing pins to the PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.