Connector help for mobile antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
So I bought a teraflex spare tire antenna mount for my Jeep that came with 18' of RG58 that has a 3/8x24" stud base. But my antenna is a Comet CA-2x4SR with PL-259 connector. Is there something I can use to connect the 3/8 stud to the male PL-259? Or should I go a different route?

Some research I found a SO-239 to 3/8" x 24 Threaded Stud Antenna Mount Adapter from American Radio Supply. Would this be strong enough for mobile use?

Thanks

geartow

It won't work the comet needs a ground he 3/8x 24 base only connects to the " hot " on a coax.

geartow

If it is for scanner use it would be easier to buy a new antenna probably cheaper also

trp2525

Thank You. I'll look for another mount then.

FYI The Antenna Farm has an assortment of PL-259 style mounts (magnet mount, hole mount, trunk lip mount, etc.) for your Comet CA-2x4SR antenna: http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/mobile-antenna-mounts-264/pl-259-style-mounts-467/

The Antenna Farm also offers the Comet CA-SPR optional spring section for the CA-2x4SR antenna in case you need/want that option for mobile mounting: http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/comet-ca-spr-7648.html

geartow

Also after looking at tera flex mounts you will need to.bond the door to the body and frame to make it work correctly.

GROCKSHD

Premium Subscriber
If it is for scanner use it would be easier to buy a new antenna probably cheaper also

It's for 2m/440 radio. I did read about having to scrape off the powder coating where the antenna contacts the bracket and where the bracket mounts to the jeep. After talking to some local hams I've decided to enlarge the 3/8" hole to 5/8" and use a Comet CR5M base to connect to the antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.