connectsystems radio programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8HMJ

hi all my name is john kd8hmj.im in dublin ohio and need help with getting an ohio code plug programmed into my cs750 and my cs 800 mobile.my laptop is on the way out and wont let me open or use anything i download.very frustrating to say the least.bought the radios and now they sit idle until i can get them programmed.any help would be greatly appreciated. i can travel to or meet half way. john

wrath

hi all my name is john kd8hmj.im in dublin ohio and need help with getting an ohio code plug programmed into my cs750 and my cs 800 mobile.my laptop is on the way out and wont let me open or use anything i download.very frustrating to say the least.bought the radios and now they sit idle until i can get them programmed.any help would be greatly appreciated. i can travel to or meet half way. john
I don't have any DMR other than thru hotspot YSM , have you tried Grapevine Amateur radio the guy that owns that is huge into DMR and had spoke of starting a nationwide code plug repository , se both sells those radios and has intimate knowledge of code plugs . I just saw this sitting here and felt bad , that no one reached out , so that would be my thought on a place to likely be able to help you , I live next door in the digital dessert known as Northwestern PA , i cant think of his name or call (senility?) But you can find him on you tube ,he does a program called Ham Radio 2.0 so either at the store or via you tube you can reach out to him ,sorry I can't be more help, we are lucky to have one rock solid analog machine here and I only screw around with DMR via hotspot on my Yaesu like twice to know it works and not much else, i don't know anyone who is part of that ecosystem, the only other thing I can think of is KK4ECR which I don't remember the website but search for first coast DMR it's the place i registered to get my DMR ID number to be able to get on DMR, there website had message boards and forums , you might also be able to find someone from in or around Dublin with any luck . Other than that i am clueless ?good luck !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

KD8HMJ

hi wrath this is kd8hmj thx for the response and the info i will look into everything you mentioned. im a snow warrior in the winter time and weve been busy here in ohio but i might have a break soon thx again john

w2xq

Mentor
Sorry your PC is dying but you don't need much to do your own codeplug. ( I use an old Win7 netbook.) You can pick refurbs at reasonable prices from newegg.com and tigerdirect.com to keep an ever-changing codeplug up to date.

To jump start getting an Ohio codeplug:

1. The Digital Information website has a DMR information repository. That includes an MD-380 Ohio codeplug All Ohio Code Plug page.

2. Using the N0GSG DMR Contact Manager Support Page you can restructure codeplugs using the common rdt file format. If nothing else, you should be able to convert an MD-380 codeplug to the CS files you require. Please read the accompanying PDF manual.

I would enourage you to read the writings by Toshen, KE0FHS. His Amateur radio: DMR - 1 compilation gets into the how-to of building a codeplug and much more. The early sections are DMR introductory material, something you are already familiar with, but you'll find topical indexes to move ahead. And Toshen frequents the Pi-Star forum.pistar.uk - Index page forum.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

wrath

hi wrath this is kd8hmj thx for the response and the info i will look into everything you mentioned. im a snow warrior in the winter time and weve been busy here in ohio but i might have a break soon thx again john
I listen to everything including a local group of snow warriors up on 800 mghtz ,once the sun goes down they get going sanding salting plowing ,they seem to having fun , conversations about just about anything happen ( i think its one of their YLs who deliver coffee , meals tobacco anything they need) of course as far as late night radio monitoring they pretty much dominate , there is sometimes an "insomnia net" by us hams that can be almost like "drive time" with a large group of us ( it seems most people are getting some decent sleep ) chewing the rag ( sometimes we have a multinational group with the Canadians joining in when the band is open in the summer) so I completly understand being a snow warrior, i am retired ESU so i am no longer out there ,i just listen LOL
Seems like my post generated some decent info that will get you sorted out ?enjoy your rig !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

KD8HMJ

hi again wrath and w2xq thx for the info and links. i think i have time today to start researching and im going to see if the xyl will pull the trigger on the new laptop she wants.thanks again for the responses. i think im headed in the right direction.time for a nap hihi very tired 73

Status
Not open for further replies.