Considering a Digital Scanner - St. Peters, MO

bh758

I live in St. Peters MO. I am considering buying a digital scanner. I mainly want to listen city of St Peters PD/PW/etc. How do I know if these are encrypted? (Thus, is it worth me buying the scanner?) Can someone tell me if the 7 St. Peters talkgroups listed for SLATER are encrypted or not?

Any information provided would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian
KI0QB

Last edited:

devilhunter

Premium Subscriber
I live in St. Peters MO. I am considering buying a digital scanner. I mainly want to listen city of St Peters PD/PW/etc. How do I know if these are encrypted? (Thus, is it worth me buying the scanner?) Can someone tell me if the 7 St. Peters talkgroups listed for SLATER are encrypted or not?

Any information provided would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian
KI0QB
As of right now, St Peters is not encrypted

Attachments

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Put your antenna up high enough and you can probably pick up MSHP Troop C at Weldon Spring.

stlouisx50

Feed Provider
You won't need your antenna up high from St. Peters to pick up States Weldon Spring site.
Any scanner which receives p25 phase I and II will work fine.
The newer scanners do a better job with simulcast sites.

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
bh758, I just moved to St. Charles and am also trying to scan the PD/FD in St. Peters, St. Charles and STL.

All I have is a Radio Shack Pro 197 in my apartment with the standard 3' telescoping antenna. So far, Troop C (Weldon Spring) is all I have picked up.

bh758

If you have your scanner programmed property, you should be able to pick up the others as well. I have mine setup so I only have the St Peters talk groups scanning. (With so many municipalities in St Charles county things can get pretty busy....so I like to keep my stuff a bit more local.)