Considering a Digital Scanner - St. Peters, MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh758

I live in St. Peters MO. I am considering buying a digital scanner. I mainly want to listen city of St Peters PD/PW/etc. How do I know if these are encrypted? (Thus, is it worth me buying the scanner?) Can someone tell me if the 7 St. Peters talkgroups listed for SLATER are encrypted or not?

Any information provided would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian
KI0QB

Last edited:

devilhunter

Premium Subscriber
I live in St. Peters MO. I am considering buying a digital scanner. I mainly want to listen city of St Peters PD/PW/etc. How do I know if these are encrypted? (Thus, is it worth me buying the scanner?) Can someone tell me if the 7 St. Peters talkgroups listed for SLATER are encrypted or not?

Any information provided would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian
KI0QB
As of right now, St Peters is not encrypted

Attachments

• sds200.jpg
    sds200.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 22

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Put your antenna up high enough and you can probably pick up MSHP Troop C at Weldon Spring.

topgun1986

Premium Subscriber
bh758, I just moved to St. Charles and am also trying to scan the PD/FD in St. Peters, St. Charles and STL.

All I have is a Radio Shack Pro 197 in my apartment with the standard 3' telescoping antenna. So far, Troop C (Weldon Spring) is all I have picked up.

bh758

If you have your scanner programmed property, you should be able to pick up the others as well. I have mine setup so I only have the St Peters talk groups scanning. (With so many municipalities in St Charles county things can get pretty busy....so I like to keep my stuff a bit more local.)

Status
Not open for further replies.