Icom: Considering buying the Icom IC905?

Are you considering buying the Icom IC905?

• Yes, definitely.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G7RUX

Hi All,

Is anyone else out there thinking of buying the Icom IC905? I know it's an expensive piece of equipment but it does provide an excellent route into microwave bands, especially 5.6 and 10 GHz.

Personally I am seriously considering it but before I do I will need to know if I can install the RF unit of a remote site with PoE power and connect it via my internal (non-itnternet) ethernet network and use the controller on my workshop bench.

Lots of different antennas are available without having to buy the Icom ones so none of that needs to be terribly expensive.

tweiss3

Is it time for Coffee?
Premium Subscriber
I already have 1.2 in the 9700. Considering how dead that is, 2300 & 5 & 10 would almost be for a specific purpose, and I know there won't be anyone around here that will get one.

I do think the 2m & 70cm inclusion is a joke, its not much more than a remote HT.

palmerjrusa

IC-905s seem to be moving off the shelves.

I've seen it go into stock, out of stock, then back in stock at Gigaparts and DXEngineering.

Yet to see it in stock at any of the HRO outlets, presumably they are still fulfilling backorders.