considering the br330t

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikesjoint

Premium Subscriber
I have been scouring the internet trying to decide upon a new hand held scanner, being that i am not close to any digital system yet, i have not been to sure on a digital scanner, but when i look at the coverage, not another rig out there seems to have the coverage of this one. i am baffled that the gre rig that is 5 hundred bucks, as well as the uniden rigs that are high dollar, all skip several potentially usefull bands,. I am not interested in shortwave recieve ion a handheld, ive got the old trustworthy dx394 for that. BUT, the otherwise solid coverage makes the 330 a scanner worth looking at..... I wonder if any readers here have a performance based opinion of this rig,,, and i wonder why its going out of production.

Thanks

benca

Premium Subscriber
Br-330t

I have the BR-330T, It is great... I use the 72-76mhz the 274-380 bands as well as the typical 39/42/44 mhz, 151-165mhz, 408-419mhz, 453-464mhz 800 bands.

It is great to go to air shows have a couple of trucked systems going, a conventional system or two and the Mil Air 200-400 band going.

It works very good with the RH-96 remote head in my truck.

Drawbacks ... the nascar function which is worthless limits the radio to 99 quick key shortcuts for systems eliminates quick key 0.

I wished they would make a BR330XT with more memory.

If you can find one and the features are what you need then buy one... I did.

After all when GRE made their big hype release on the PSR-series a few years back...I looked at the spec's and sent them a letter describing how stupid they were for not having full band coverage and asking them to expand their frequency coverage. to fill in the gaps. they have not to date.

spooney

Since Scannermaster seems to be the only one who has some left for sale at a ridiculous price of $399.95 my choice would definitely be a 346xt. One on e-bay for $179.99 & Uniden has like new for $187.99

HillWalker

I'm getting the European version next month, the UBC3500XLT which is still the best hand held scanner Uniden has to offer over here.

When I was over there (Washington State, USA) I found the BC246T picked up most things I was after (public safety, security, etc.) despite it's age. I still love that little scanner, but like all American scanners it doesn't have the 25-84mhz band, which is essential over here to monitor Paramedics, and Fire Services.

I was looking at this unit too, only difference I see is some frequency's missing, mainly 225-400 is missing on the 346xt, plus what magicjellybeans said above.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If you can find a BR330T at a reasonable price, buy it. It's a great little scanner if you don't need digital. Scannermaster is ridiculous in asking what they are for the remaining stock, but you might find one on Ebay if you look around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.