Consolidated Dispatch (Milwaukee Co.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublem

Premium Subscriber
Close sources say that Bayside's new consolidated dispatch center set to service Bayside, Brown Deer, Fox Point, Glendale, River Hill, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay may also dispatch for the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office.

CrabbyMilton

To borrow part of a Donald Rumsfeld paraphrase...Nothing is ever official until it's official. Would the current talk groups remain in place? I can't imagine that that other than the main channel(highway and parks) that other units of the sheriff will stay just as they are.

mkescan

I could see Bayside doing the Freeway squads only.. But not all the other Sheriff communications.

doublem

Premium Subscriber
I don't see the county giving up dispatching to a local center, consolidated or not.

It's not as if the sheriff's dept. would be switching radios. They are all part of the county system. The new Bayside facility is reported to house 21 dispatchers along with completely new consoles. Why would you not share a fraction of the cost as save money? As long as officer safety and public welfare including response times are not compromised I'm good.

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed previously that Brown Deer and Glendale have not been active, and I've only been hearing Shorwood/Whitefish Bay and Bayside/Fox Point/River Hills Talkgroups

I've noticed today that, on the Bayside talkgorup, that there was a call on an address in Brown Deer. Is this temporary, or is Brown Deer moving to Bayside TG

doublem

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed previously that Brown Deer and Glendale have not been active, and I've only been hearing Shorwood/Whitefish Bay and Bayside/Fox Point/River Hills Talkgroups

I've noticed today that, on the Bayside talkgorup, that there was a call on an address in Brown Deer. Is this temporary, or is Brown Deer moving to Bayside TG

Brown Deer is dispatched on the BS, RH and FP talkgroup. Their talkgroup is now considered North Dispatch and Glendale, Shorewood and Whitefish Bay (all on the same talkgroup) are considered South Dispatch.

NSF will be moving to Bayside at some point too,

mkescan

You know Sheriff Communications is a lot more then just Sheriff Patrol, Institutions, Courts & Airport. They monitor & communicate with a LOT of county run depts & facilitates.

doublem

Premium Subscriber
You know Sheriff Communications is a lot more then just Sheriff Patrol, Institutions, Courts & Airport. They monitor & communicate with a LOT of county run depts & facilitates.

I am aware. In part that is why my post suggested it as a "possibility" as communicated by a public offical.

I am aware. In part that is why my post suggested it as a "possibility" as communicated by a public offical.

It's also a possibility that the county will move to the City's OpenSky system, but the chances of that are infinitesimal at best. I think that based on work load and responsibilities handled the county will not give up it's comm center.

Who knows though, stranger things have happened.

ToDaMax

Premium Subscriber
It's also a possibility that the county will move to the City's OpenSky system, but the chances of that are infinitesimal at best. I think that based on work load and responsibilities handled the county will not give up it's comm center.

Who knows though, stranger things have happened.

The county will never ever ever move to Opensky, so i think infitinesimal is an understatement. They already have the P25, but that hasn't been touched forever. Its uncertain what their plans are for that, but I think we have more of a chance of MPD moving to the County's system than the County moving to Opensky, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.