Constant key up transmiting on the Upper Yakima Fire "County Main" Channel every 5 to 15 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanYak

Feed Provider
Has anyone else noticed for the last month or more a constant key up on the Yakima Upper Valley Fire frequency 154.2575?

This event started a couple of months ago but was resolved a few days later. However, this recent event started over a month ago and has continued.
It does have the normal CTCSS tone of 91.5.

Currently, I'm in Moses Lake and can hear "County Main" as it keys up every few seconds.
All of the radios I have both in Yakima and Moses Lake receive the key up event.

I did send an email to IT people to relay to the radio techs at the City of Yakima radio shop but waiting for a response.

Cameronkc7itp

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I have noticed it as well. Yakima County fire main is a priority channel in one of my public service scanners. Pretty much as you described. It sounds like someone is keying a mic every 15 seconds or so. Would be interesting to be able to find out what caused it once they get it resolved.

ScanYak

Feed Provider
I did hear back from an electronics tech with the Yakima City radio division. This was his response.

"Thank you for the information. I am not the radio tech, he is out on leave. We have been to every site troubleshooting this issue to no avail. We had contracted outside help for yesterday, but due to a covid exposure the help was not available. We are doing all we can with the allotted resources. It is a priority, and we want it fixed as much as the users do."

KE7TJK

Updates coming to this system later this year. Stay tuned.

It is a three site simulcast system, with one site having a possible GPS lock issue at this time. Waiting for the snow to clear so we can access one of the sites. Last attempt two weeks ago was unsuccessful.

Status
Not open for further replies.