Contact; The movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE9N

Can anyone out there in radio land helpme out??? I saw the movie "contact" and in the movie the main character uses a ham radio call W9GFO My question is does anyone know if Ms Jodie Foster ever held an amateur radio license?? The call W9GFO is not hers at lease not according to the QRZ callsign database!! Does anybody have any answers??? De Dave M. NE9N

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
someone just asked this a week ago and it was answered - hit the 'search' button above for the forum and type in a few keywords.

NE9N

Celebrity ham operators

To whom it may concern' I do know that most of the celebreties that have ham tickets usually have their call signs purged from any database to cut down on the people who would try to hassel them.

N4JNW

Joe Walsh is a ham.... Never thought...

'I sit on the radio sometimes until 4... It's hard to leave when skip isn't so poor...'

NE9N

Celebrity HamOperators

Dear People; Joe Walsh, Ronnie Milsap, Chet Atkins, Patty Loveless, and Larnel Harris are all Ham radio operators!!! Want More?? How about Walter Cronkite, & bonjovi they are Ham radio operators also!!! does anybody know of any more??? De Dave M. NE9N

N

N_Jay

NE9N said:
Dear People; Joe Walsh, Ronnie Milsap, Chet Atkins, Patty Loveless, and Larnel Harris are all Ham radio operators!!! Want More?? How about Walter Cronkite, & bonjovi they are Ham radio operators also!!! does anybody know of any more??? De Dave M. NE9N

Me!:cool:

NE9N said:
To whom it may concern' I do know that most of the celebreties that have ham tickets usually have their call signs purged from any database to cut down on the people who would try to hassel them.

Can't purge your name from the FCC database though.

VernM

1. I believe tghe call in the movie "Contact" was that of the ham radio adviser to the production, used with his permission. QST had a blurb on it way back when.

2. Chet Atkins is a silent key. Les Paul also holds a license. So did Arthur Godfrey, for you old folks. I think he was K4MEL. NBC's former science editor, Roy Neal, was a ham, now silent key. CBS network news director in the 50-60s was too. I forget his name.

N4JNW

NE9N said:

Dang.. I couldn't picture BonJovi being a ham operator..... Pretty sweet though... Now that I mention, it, I couldn't picture Joe Walsh being a ham either.... LOL

Awesome!!

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I just saw this thread today and I had never heard of this movie until now. 15 minutes after looking at it i went to the movie store and picked it up. I just finished it 10 minutes ago and all I have to say about this movie is WOW! It was just a very very cool movie with a nice plot line. There wasnt a part in the movie that had me bored. Very cool!

gcgrotz

Marlon Brando was licensed in Tahiti as Martin Brandeaux or something like that.

I hear Joe Walsh has a room full of old Collins gear. Sweet. Life's been good to (him) so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.