SDRTrunk Control channel getting set to wrong frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPeppard

Premium Subscriber
SDRTrunk was working fine then all of a sudden the control frequency is getting locked to the wrong frequency. My channel frequency is programmed for 853.9625 but every time I start it sets the RTL2832U dongle to 853.9375 which isn't even a listed channel. I can set it manually to the correct frequency but as soon as I hit play it switches. I reinstalled SDRTrunk, deleted the SDRTrunk folders in Users and tried different builds of the Channels list from Radio Reference but it still always goes to 853.9375 and I haven't been able to find any setting that would cause this.

Screen.JPG

wgbecks

It's suppose to work this way! Ignore the rest frequency shown in tuner. SDRTrunk is trying to optimize the available bandwidth of the
SDR device. Note: You may need either a wideband SDR or a couple of RTL SDR's.

SDRTrunk ingests all of the spectrum and does not to off the control channel to a voice trunk service channel and back like other programs. You're good to go as long as the control channel goes orange and there is enough bandwidth to decode the voice trunk channels to where you don't get a "Tuner Unavailable" message.

rlmurray56

Feed Provider
Don't worry about what you see in the "Tuners" window, that's normal and expected behavior. Just makes sure you have your control channel(s) set properly in your channel configuration,

MPeppard

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the explanation. I am running two RTLs and the status was showing IDLE for everything I tried and normally it goes to CONTROL right away. Turns out that I just needed to change the location of my antennas and it starting working again, something in the area were I normally have the antennas must of been causing interference.

Sorry for the bother, operator error.

wgbecks

Sorry for the bother, operator error.
[/QUOTE]
No problem! The forum is all about learning and helping each other out. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.