Control channel on 385 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanWV

Premium Subscriber
I noticed a P25 control channel nearby but unsure of what it is for and never heard it in the past.
385.350 any ideas or if anyone else knows what it could be? I am getting the trunking information on the radio but cant find any other freqs that could be used on the system.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I noticed a P25 control channel nearby but unsure of what it is for and never heard it in the past.
385.350 any ideas or if anyone else knows what it could be? I am getting the trunking information on the radio but cant find any other freqs that could be used on the system.

What locatoin are you in/near? What county do you think the transmissions are coming from? Also, what is the Zone / System ID / any other info you have on the system. Posting the full details may help to others to help you figure out what it is.

Thanks

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I just noticed you list your county as Pendleton. Heck, it might not even be a site in WV but rather in Virginia. Might also want to mention this in the VA forum.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Also, if you are running a PRO-96, PRO-2096, PSR-500/600, PRO-197/106 and you have the programming cable, you could run Pro96Com on the control channel to see what information it provides you.

If you're running a BCD996XT Uniden and have the programming cable, you can run Unitrunker on it to obtain some more info.

Mike

ScanWV

Premium Subscriber
I am in Pendleton county. I ran the pro96com and its not showing anything new that isnt on the radio. It shows an alternate freq of 385.9125 but im just getting a data stream there too. I am near a naval base and thats what I think it is.
SystemID 14C
Tower 307
WACN BEE00

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

cwilliams said:
I am in Pendleton county. I ran the pro96com and its not showing anything new that isnt on the radio. It shows an alternate freq of 385.9125 but im just getting a data stream there too. I am near a naval base and thats what I think it is.
SystemID 14C
Tower 307
WACN BEE00

it looks to be part of the second one I listed.

ScanWV

Premium Subscriber
Since the Navy is now not occupying this base anymore, I figured I'd check to see if Id hear anything. The main base is closed and not being used however the Southern base is still apparently used by NSA not confirmed that is true but it is being used by a government agency. Attached is the new Pro96com capture that I got recently. There are some changes.

Attachments

• new NIOC.jpg
    new NIOC.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 288
Status
Not open for further replies.