BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Control Channel Only for Analog UHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabomb4097

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to map out a radio system that has few details available for it. I know what the control channel is, and that and its an analog Motorola UHF system. But I'm missing many of the correct channels, the control channel shows TG's coming across it but there is no audio on any of the other channels in the RR database for this system, so I'm guessing that I'm missing some of the other channels for the system. Is there any way to discover these? Most of the posts about CCO mode are for Digital P25 systems, not older analog SmartZone systems.

Can I determine the other channels in a analog UHF trunked system while only knowing the control channel?

Thanks,
-db

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I don't see a Moto UHF system in either Will or DuPage county (the two IL counties with a "Willowbrook").

troymail

Silent Key
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to map out a radio system that has few details available for it. I know what the control channel is, and that and its an analog Motorola UHF system. But I'm missing many of the correct channels, the control channel shows TG's coming across it but there is no audio on any of the other channels in the RR database for this system, so I'm guessing that I'm missing some of the other channels for the system. Is there any way to discover these? Most of the posts about CCO mode are for Digital P25 systems, not older analog SmartZone systems.

Can I determine the other channels in a analog UHF trunked system while only knowing the control channel?

Thanks,
-db

As has been stated, knowing which system/frequency you are talking about would help. However, I'd probably do a custom search for other active channels in the 400-410mhz range (but that is assuming the control channel you are watching is approx 407 mhz).

dabomb4097

Whoops, sorry! I recently moved and forgot to update my location in the forum profile. This is the system I'm trying to get a handle on:

Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Motorola) Trunking System, Oak Ridge, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Smart Zone) Trunking System, Oak Ridge, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

If I let the scanner sit on the control channel, I see hits on various TGID's but it's not finding the resulting conversation on any of the other channels in the system. So I'm assuming that some of the channels are wrong or missing. There is no licensing information on the system to check the channels against since its operating in federal government exclusive band space.

Just wanted to know if there was an easier way besides just searching and logging any activity 406-409MHz to try and locate any missing channels using the control channel data.

wtp

the big E

under mode the E means encryption and you won't hear anything.
and on the other system it might be that no one has updated anything.
maybe because they can't hear anything.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Last time I was through all conversations were encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.