• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Control Channel Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Harris XG-100 and was programming it for scanning a local trunked system, I’ve programmed everything in correctly, and have had multiple people check it. We even updated the software on the radio and programmed it with a blank template and each time it still shows control channel scan. I am in range of the system as it works on my APX 7000, but just will not for the Harris. Thanks to anyone who can help.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
You haven't provided enough info..

1) What system?

2) How is your bandplan setup?

3) Are you trying to use Enhanced CC or Fixed Proscan?

Usually when it sits on CC Scan it's from a bad band plan or something is off in your system settings. Also remember that if you are in /\/\ land surrounded by BEE00 systems it will try to lock onto any BEE00 system regardless of the System ID unless you exclude them.

You haven't provided enough info..

1) What system?

2) How is your bandplan setup?

3) Are you trying to use Enhanced CC or Fixed Proscan?

Usually when it sits on CC Scan it's from a bad band plan or something is off in your system settings. Also remember that if you are in /\/\ land surrounded by BEE00 systems it will try to lock onto any BEE00 system regardless of the System ID unless you exclude them.
The system I am trying to monitor is the Williamson County Simulcast on the Middle Tennessee Regional Trunked Radio System.

2. My bandplan is setup like a standard P25 Trunked System with the first two being FDMA, then slot 9 and 10 being TDMA. I know with moto it goes in order with 3 and 4 being TDMA but was told on Harris 9 and 10 would be them.
3. I tried first with Fixed Proscan with no results. Then tried with enhanced CC and no results either. My friend who was helping me set this up thought it was a bad tower NAC, but those have been confirmed correct.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Set your band plan up exactly like the Motorola in the first 4 lines. In your system screen in the top right, make sure your site NAC, RFSS ID, and Site are all correct and in hex.

Set your band plan up exactly like the Motorola in the first 4 lines. In your system screen in the top right, make sure your site NAC, RFSS ID, and Site are all correct and in hex.
Yea those were all correct besides putting the bandplan like the moto.
My friend just sent me this, I’ll give this a try also.

I think 244 might be a typo. The NAC is usually related to the system ID, 44B. 44b equals 1099, 440 is the NAC for MJ and that equals 1088, Goods is not listed but I bet that’s 441 equaling 1089, then DC is 443 equaling 1091....what’s missing? 442 (244 reversed) equaling 1090.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Your TDMA ofsets MUST be in slot #9 or greater. Make sure "TDMA Capable", "Adaptive Filter" and "Linear Simulcast" are checked.

That is not true... it needs to be set up exactly how the system is broadcasting it.

Yes Harris starts THEIR SYSTEMS on slot 9, but Motorola doesn't.

Your TDMA ofsets MUST be in slot #9 or greater.
They are in 9 and 10 currently, the system is a Motorola system and I have tried it in slots 3 and 4 and 9 and 10. Nothing seems to work. The bandplan is a standard P25 system bandplan which I know works as my APX 7000 works on the system. We have tried everything from changing the site NACS to enabling enhanced CC scan and upgrading the firmware. Nothing seems to be working. Anyone have any suggestions or know anyone that could help?

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
p7200 tdma problem

Read post #24

This has been a well known fact for some time now.

Once again. It's not true. To quote that exact post..

"Different systems may have different IDEN values and MUST(!) exactly match the base station tables (starting frequency and channel spacing step size)."

OP.. You have PM's turned off but if you want to PM me the personality I'm happy to take a look at it.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
BigLebowski is on point about making sure you have correct Site ID & NAC if you are trying to use Fixed ProScan. The System ID & NAC will not work. If you are in Motorola land, you have to trick the Harris radio into ignoring neighboring sites/systems. Sometimes you can find the Site ID in the Radio Reference Database. Williamson County Simulcast Site Details (Middle Tennessee Regional Trunked Radio System)

Try using Fixed ProScan with Linear Simulcast checked and put in:

System NAC - 244 or **442 - (Do not enter the System ID here)
RFSS - 03(HEX)
Site ID - 14(HEX)

**Edit: I see that you suspect a typo in the database and the Site NAC is actually 442, which I also suspect is the case. So try 442 instead of 244, but ensure that the RFSS is 3 and the Site ID is 14 and that Fixed ProScan is what you are using and you should be good to go.

I have to use Fixed ProScan here as there are surrounding Motorola systems that my radio will lock onto and display CC SCAN, even though I have everything set correctly. If this were a real radio, then it would affiliate just fine, but since it is set to never affiliate, it just picks a system at random, hence why I just set mine up in Fixed ProScan and it never looks for anything other than what is programmed.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I got him squared away, his bandplan was wrong.

I have also had success getting the radio to ignore other systems in Enhanced CC mode by entering in the System ID for the site NAC prior to clicking Enhanced CC (at which point the site NAC box is grayed out).

Status
Not open for further replies.