control channel scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhsands

Feed Provider
i noticed that my PSR-600 doesn't stay locked onto the control channel, but still "scans" it. I have no conventional channels in this group (group/scanlist2) and priority is turned off, but it still flashes the T and the I miss some of the radio IDs. The ccdump shows it scanning the cc instead of hanging onto it.

http://jhsands.com/latest.p500

JoeyC

I certainly cannot help with regards to why you are missing some (radio)IDs - do you mean talkgroup IDs? because I am not familiar with the AWIN except to say that perhaps there is no one affiliated to the 5 channel site you have programmed as AWIN-LOCAL. Also, you certainly do not need MultiSite mode on ROAM with only one site and one control channel programmed. Perhaps this is your problem if you are not maintaining a signal within the parameters set in the software.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Is it searching for the CC or is it scanning a conventional scanlist, that is not selected in addition to the trunked scanlist that you are scanning? My one thought is that maybe you have a TG (could be a wild card TG) associated with another scanlist and it is scanning that TG in the other scanlist, as well.

Last edited:

jhsands

Feed Provider
@Joey - the radio ID is the singular radio that is doing the transmitting - the one that keys the cc and asks for the channel. I have turned multisite mode off. Definitely not a signal issue.

@tglendye - it appears the wildcard, is in fact, the wildcard :) I made a vscanner then deleted all the other systems. Seems to be working proper, now!

Thanks!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Great. I've done that numerous times and have been scratching my head. Glad you found it!

JoeyC

You will not see proper display of active RadioIDs in this or any scanner 100% of the time. Glad it is working for you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.