Control channels for multiple sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radioman_911

911 Dispatch & Ham Radio guy!
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

On my PSR-310 I have control channels plugged in for one site that im able to pick up. Question is would it hurt to program in the other sites control channels for future use if I head deeper into the city?
System in question if it matters is Portland Oregon public safety

ecollins11

Premium Subscriber
No it won't hurt, You can program all the sites close to you and set stat check all CC's. You only have to program the pri and alt control channels for the motorola system.

W2PMX

The scanner will normally stop on the first control channel it hears, not the best one. So programming multiple sites in one system might result in your hearing the weaker system.

W6KRU

Go ahead and plug in the other sites, just be sure to set it to stat mode and set the option for scan all channels. I have a yagi connected to my PSR-500 and I use that method to monitor two zones of a moto smartnet system simultaneously. It works fine.

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
Okay.. And will stat mode make sure it picks up the best tower and not the first one? Lastly, I looked in TSYS settings and couldn't find the "Stat settings" whet exactly is this located

Radioman_911

Premium Subscriber
Go ahead and plug in the other sites, just be sure to set it to stat mode and set the option for scan all channels. I have a yagi connected to my PSR-500 and I use that method to monitor two zones of a moto smartnet system simultaneously. It works fine.

Should i be setting my TSYS's to "Stat" even though im moving around between work and home and driving around?

Status
Not open for further replies.