Control Uniden Scanner via Command Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Hi All,

Storm season is coming up and I am wondering if there is a way to control a uniden scanner via command line. I am going to setup a monitor for the weather radio freqs and on the 1050hz tone I would like to flip my scanners to the weather channel for 30secs and then change back to normal scan mode.

I run Proscan for my feeds and I don't know if there is a way to use that to control them so I thought I would ask here.

bryanhendrix

persistent
does the scanner have, or not have, a built in method to 'activate' and tune to NOAA Radio Weather upon the weather service sending alert tones over the air ... or, am I confused ? Perhaps re write the question to include the model number of scanner, what software is connected to the scanner, and, maybe what version of Windows. no m soft windows, then perhaps linux, an apple product ?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
996XT - You have to leave them locked on the wx channel for that to happen. I am going to be using an outside program which monitors the wx channel and then runs a .bat file when it is triggered. I would like that batch file to tune the scanner to 162.475mhz for about 30-45 seconds and then switch back to the normal scan mode.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
ProScan has a terminal in one of the tabs, you can use it to send any command to the scanner.

Reconrider

996XT - You have to leave them locked on the wx channel for that to happen. I am going to be using an outside program which monitors the wx channel and then runs a .bat file when it is triggered. I would like that batch file to tune the scanner to 162.475mhz for about 30-45 seconds and then switch back to the normal scan mode.
I could be wrong, but take a look at this

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Am I missing something or would the easiest way to get weather alerts be to just get a weather radio?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
ProScan has a terminal in one of the tabs, you can use it to send any command to the scanner.

If I could remotely send commands from the command line of a computer via a API or something that will work..

What I am doing this is:
ComTekk Software - Weather and EAS Alert triggers on the SAME Alert.

I want it to trigger a batch file which will tune the scanner to a freq and then back to normal scan. I can do the batch files etc.. but I need to know what I need to send to the scanner and how I can do it. If proscan accepts commands awesome I already own that.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Am I missing something or would the easiest way to get weather alerts be to just get a weather radio?

I have one, it's for the 200-300 private listeners I have on my feed. It goes along with the other offerings I have Trunk-Recorder, Fire Pages etc..

Scan125

It is my understanding that the programming commands for the 996XT are basically yhe same as those for BC346XT.

These are documented in the Uniden BC346XT manual here: BC346XT_Complete_Reference.

The ones you should be looking at are QSH (Quick Search & hold) and QSC (Set current frequency and get reception status). Also for the scan start/stop/hold etc use the KEY command. This allows you to pro-grammatically press the scanner keys.

As you want to do this from a bat/cmd file then read these two links:

Simple command line trick for sending characters to a serial port in Windows

and

SerialSend

The SerialSend utility looks very useful and will do the hard work for you.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
It is my understanding that the programming commands for the 996XT are basically yhe same as those for BC346XT.

These are documented in the Uniden BC346XT manual here: BC346XT_Complete_Reference.

The ones you should be looking at are QSH (Quick Search & hold) and QSC (Set current frequency and get reception status). Also for the scan start/stop/hold etc use the KEY command. This allows you to pro-grammatically press the scanner keys.

As you want to do this from a bat/cmd file then read these two links:

Simple command line trick for sending characters to a serial port in Windows

and

SerialSend

The SerialSend utility looks very useful and will do the hard work for you.

thanks I will look into all of this.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If I could remotely send commands from the command line of a computer via a API or something that will work.
You can control a 536 or SDS200 from anywhere, as long as you have a network connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.