Controlling Uniden BCT15x with Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnoelw

Hi guys

I'm working in the dark here - Johannesburg, South Africa. I have been able to find many MPT1327 systems over the last week or so. I have mapped the control channels, voice channels and made the bandplans.

Now I'm trying to follow conversations and that's where I seem to have come unstuck.

Setup here is
- Icom R8500 being used as the signal receiver and it's parked on the control channel and reading plenty of movement. All healthy there - that's how I've mapped all the systems.

- Uniden BCT15X configured as the voice receiver. When I press "run" it parks on the frequency I've set in Unitrunker (255.00). so Unitrunker is talking to the bct15x

What now? How do I get it to follow a conversation?

All help gratefully received!

Noel.

joeuser

The Wretched
Hi guys

I'm working in the dark here - Johannesburg, South Africa. I have been able to find many MPT1327 systems over the last week or so. I have mapped the control channels, voice channels and made the bandplans.

Now I'm trying to follow conversations and that's where I seem to have come unstuck.

Setup here is
- Icom R8500 being used as the signal receiver and it's parked on the control channel and reading plenty of movement. All healthy there - that's how I've mapped all the systems.

- Uniden BCT15X configured as the voice receiver. When I press "run" it parks on the frequency I've set in Unitrunker (255.00). so Unitrunker is talking to the bct15x

What now? How do I get it to follow a conversation?

All help gratefully received!

Noel.
If I'm not mistaken, the signal receive should park on the CC & the voice receive should float around to all the other channels. I also think you need to run a decoder like DSD+ (its what I use & suggest you try). I only mention this since you didn't & I hope I'm understanding your OP properly.

pnoelw

Thanks for the reply, joeuser.

I'd just come back to say that I have resolved that issue by checking the box "listen" in the options tab. That has done the trick. The 15X is now moving to voice channels in response to the C-Ch. I know I've still got a long way to go to set it up to follow only specific talkgroups. I guess that will take another weekend of hair-pulling and frustration...!

MPT1327 is an analogue system so I don't need a voice decoder.

Noel.

joeuser

The Wretched
Thanks for the reply, joeuser.

I'd just come back to say that I have resolved that issue by checking the box "listen" in the options tab. That has done the trick. The 15X is now moving to voice channels in response to the C-Ch. I know I've still got a long way to go to set it up to follow only specific talkgroups. I guess that will take another weekend of hair-pulling and frustration...!

MPT1327 is an analogue system so I don't need a voice decoder.

Noel.

Outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.