convential frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrengineer

how do I program in Georgia state patrol on my 106 I know they are on p25 but unsure how to program. they have a lot of frequencies listed do I need all them or just the hartwell area I don't have software to do with computer so must do manually. Larry are you reading this?

QDP2012

how do I program in Georgia state patrol on my 106 I know they are on p25 but unsure how to program...

If your owner's manual is less than helpful with the programming steps, you might want to glance at the "Easier to Read Manual", as many people find it easier to use. Here are the links to both:

RS 106 Manual (.pdf file)
ETRM: Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

...they have a lot of frequencies listed do I need all them or just the hartwell area I don't have software to do with computer so must do manually. Larry are you reading this?

When looking at the GA Department of Public Safety DB page, it seems that Hartwell is listed in the "Troop B" section. If I am understanding the notes in that section, you will need to program your scanner with the seven conventional frequencies. You might not need to program a Trunked Radio System to hear GSP in Hartwell.

You also might want to click the little red triangle in your post above and ask the moderators to move this to the GA forum, where others can answer the question about which frequencies you need

Hope this helps,

rrengineer

P-25 Ga State Patrol

Need a little advice programming the p-25 in my pro-106 is anyone monitoring the State Patrol in Hartwell area I know its P-25 (or at least I think, I don't pick up from older channels ie (160-680 ect) any help is greatly appreciated

N8IAA

how do I program in Georgia state patrol on my 106 I know they are on p25 but unsure how to program. they have a lot of frequencies listed do I need all them or just the hartwell area I don't have software to do with computer so must do manually. Larry are you reading this?

You program them as conventional. I use AUTO for whether it's NFM or not. Of course, NAC if you know it, SEARCH if you don't. I program my scanners with software. Quickest and easiest way to do it:)
I use the 106 in the car, 197 in the house. 1088 to verify RID's. All work great. DNR too. They sound much better than they did on analog.
Larry

N8IAA

Yeah, you should have posted in the GA forum. I would have seen it yesterday and given you an answer.
Larry

rrengineer

Thanks Larry just wasn't sure knew old frequencies moved to Hartwell and getting into connvential frequencies lot better than 800 at least for me thanks again I'll try to program all in I don't have software go do it. Thanks again gary

Status
Not open for further replies.