Conventional 800 MHZ Repeaters In The Metro Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I decided to search for conventional 800 mHz repeaters in the metro area today. I had a couple of small surprises. The two logged are:

855.5625 100.0

856.8875 203.5

So, I checked the FCC website and it shows that 855.0625 and 855.5625 are licensed as a trunked SMR to AVR, Inc. I recall years back that they did have an analog Motorola trunked system and rented out airtime to other users. I guess that brings up other questions in my mind. Is this system now exclusively for their use, thus they went from trunked to conventional? Do they use 855.0625, too? If so, what PL tone is used on that one?

The other one, is 856.8875 203.5, and is licensed to Eden Prairie Fire. The license also covers 857.8875. I did not log any activity on 857.8875, however. Can someone bring me up to speed on these frequencies? I seem to recall hearing that when they left their old EF Johnson Multi-Net and went to ARMER, that public works, etc., went to a stand alone 800 mhz P25 system. Does this mean that they have moved additional city users onto ARMER and went from trunked back to conventional? Do they use 857.8875? If so, what is the PL tone and how is it used?

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Can't speak to the avr system as I haven't listened to it in about 8 years, but Eden prairie maintains their own p25 800 system separate from armer. It is logged in the database. I'm to lazy to check to see if the frequency is part of that system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmtruck551

Fireman
Eden Prairie maintains its own EFJohnson radio system to support public works, schools, school busses, and the city security systems.

fwfdengine2

Premium Subscriber
The EP EFJ system (ED0) is digital 800mhz. Used by schools/pw. It has fire/police backup channels but are not used/patched to anything.

The city uses two conventional 800 MHz frequencies for its security system. MODBUS and ALTRAC are the frequencies that carry data about open doors, key card use, etc between all city facilities and back to the technical operations person.

Status
Not open for further replies.