conventional and trunked in same bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

shores

conventional and trunked in same bank
can i do this with my bct8?
I want to enter in a few towers when I travel in the car, but I don't want to waste 1 of the 5 banks of 50 channels per site.
If I have the 5 freq. including primary and alternate control channel in trunking mode, can i have my other conventional freq. in the same bank scanning at the same time?

I know I won't get OPP, but I can pickup the MOH stuff I am currently not getting (only getting paging on 149.44 and vehicle repeater on 413.575mhz, not any hospital patches or other stuff).

Can they share the same bank?

I see from previous posts you can have 2 towers in the same bank for fleetnet, but it is a pain as it wont know which one to use properly :(

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Yep you sure can. I had Fleetnet and conventional in the same bank no probs at all. When entering the trunked data, be sure to set you trunked frequencies as trunked (check your manual, I don't recall the menu settings off the top of my head).

gwtc199

Program your Trunk System in first, after your finish you can then program conventional Freqs. in the leftover channels in that bank.
As for programming multiple towers, I have 6 programed into my BCT8, and my BC-780XLT and have no problems. The scanner will pick up all active control channels, and will stop on the active site, it will change if the other site become active.
As for listening to OPP, program in the BEAT Repeaters and the Vehicle Repeaters, you should hear somthing on them. I can verify the VR's work because I got pulled over by OPP yesterday and heard him running my Licence Plate, I also heard the response too.

mciupa

gwtc199 said:
I can verify the VR's work because I got pulled over by OPP yesterday and heard him running my Licence Plate, I also heard the response too.

. . . but I thought the idea of having a mobile scanner was a pro-active move to avoid being pulled over.:confused: :wink:
I guess Beartracker does't activate with our OPP.

Oh well , it appears everything was 10-60 , hence this message.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.