• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CONVENTIONAL ASTRO TG ISSUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
Hey so I am at a loss on this, usually I find what I need in the forums but I hit a wall lol so I've done tons of NAS set up's so I am beyond familiar with trunking but I am NOT looking to do a OBT setup on this scan. This system is P25 phase l UHF low traffic system that I want to monitor from a conventional personality with astro tg's strapped, this is a HARRIS build non simulcast system 10 frequencies listed, now monitoring just the frequencies with F7E in a list with scan hold set to 0 follows well, but obviously all traffic is open and I would like to just monitor a couple selected TG's. I created the TG lists and did a selected strap added a TGRP to menu SEL TG and for some reason no traffic is heard. So I am thinking maybe I may have the wrong NAC for this system I did reach out on the forums to my state specific area see if anyone else has a different NAC I can try(since I don't have a digital scanner in my collection), but I didn't know if maybe anyone else has some ideas for me to double check maybe I overlooked something in the ASTRO or conventional fields. Radio is a XTS25 BN model ll 20.50.09 380-470. I have been successful on this type of conventional setup before but that was a MOTO P25 phase l vhf system with low traffic on a EFJ 5100 radio, worked flawlessly but for some reason I just can't get it to setup right on a MOTO radio, I appreciate any ideas or advice anyone throws my way on this!!

drsn0w

Check the unmute settings in your conventional personality. I believe it needs to be set to Selective Squelch.

mpcpsrego1

Premium Subscriber
So it was just an old NAC that I had, the testing NAC 000 is what I had and the system NAC is 00A so it works now, drsn0w the settings I had were C4FM, 0 hold time, SEL SQL. Also I haven't done a CONV scan strapped ASTRO TG in a long time VS the NAS setup on a XTS3/MCS2/XTL5 which is a whole different beast but one difference from the EFJ51 vs the XTS25(that I programmed this on) is that when you create a TRGP button in the the menu and do SEL TRGP in CPS, if you change the TGRP from the radio you don't have to do it to each CONV channel, just pick it once and SEL and all CONV CH in the strapped scan list will scan for the TGRP which is nice! When I did this on a EFJ51 I had to manually change the TGRP to every CONV CH in the zone to make it scan for a certain TGRP. dlaforett this was the Hill Air Force Base system that I did this with, since it is a smaller system with less traffic, a CONV ASTRO scan made since especially since it's a OBT system and Harris built, so I didn't feel like doing a NAS set up on this due to the many issues in making it work properly without causing an affiliation attempt on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.