Conventional Freq's

Status
Not open for further replies.

techues

Premium Subscriber
Having fits trying to load a conventional system for Mccarran Airport into my bcd36hp Uniden. Using the arc36pro software. Thanx

Mike-KC8OWL

I have the 436 and also the SDS100. I use Sentinel to get the data into the scanner (because it is pretty easy) and then ARC to adjust it all the way I want it. its an extra download / upload step but it gives me the customization I like.

techues

Premium Subscriber
I have the 436 and also the SDS100. I use Sentinel to get the data into the scanner (because it is pretty easy) and then ARC to adjust it all the way I want it. its an extra download / upload step but it gives me the customization I like.
I'm getting closer using your method, Thanx

Mike-KC8OWL

I'm getting closer using your method, Thanx

Okay good. Just Add the new Favorite from Sentinel to the scanner. Then read the scanner with ARC, make all the adjustments you want, and then push it back to the scanner. Sentinel is nice from the point of view that it makes life easy, but the tradeoff is you have very limited flexibility. So I use both.

techues

Premium Subscriber
Well it all looked good for a bit.....I loaded my airport conventional frequencies into my 436, created the favorites list and they all show up in the scanner but they still don't get scanned. Tomorrow I will dig out my "old" scanner that picks up only conventional freq's and see what happens. I give up. almost that is. I am a stubborn Irishman after all.

Paysonscanner

Well it all looked good for a bit.....I loaded my airport conventional frequencies into my 436, created the favorites list and they all show up in the scanner but they still don't get scanned. Tomorrow I will dig out my "old" scanner that picks up only conventional freq's and see what happens. I give up. almost that is. I am a stubborn Irishman after all.

We share the Irish ancestry, but I'm not stubborn. No I'm not, I don't care what people say!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you have the frequencies loaded into a Favorites list, but they are not being scanned, make sure that the Aircraft service type is enabled. Note that some of the airline specific frequencies, like for baggage handling and other services, are tagged as Business even though the frequency itself is in the aviation band.

Status
Not open for further replies.