Conventional Simulcast

DVINTHEHOUSEMAN

Up North
I've noticed a lot of instances where a conventional P25 channel is LSM simulcast, but no indication is made of it in the DB or in some instances, the additional simulcast information has been removed after another person reviewed it, even though the information is still correct. Trunked systems I've seen with simulcast sites typically have "simulcast" appended to the site name. What is keeping this from being applied to conventional channels as well?

I understand some of this is up to "the information hasn't been submitted", but ignoring the fact it's simulcast or removing the simulcast tag is different.

This would also save some people a headache from buying the wrong scanner since the SDS is really the only one that will handle it reliably.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
The informed RRDB user can always click the callsign link and look through each location's list of frequencies. If the frequency pattern is identical at each site = simulcast. Yes this applies to conventional as well. I can't point to any examples from my immediate area so here's one from Massachusetts where P25 simulcast conventional is quite prevalent:

RRDB Entry:
471.1625474.1625WDD585RM643 NACArlington PD-DPolice OperationsP25eLaw Dispatch

FCC license: (screenshot is abridged)
1705073208747.png

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed a lot of instances where a conventional P25 channel is LSM simulcast, but no indication is made of it in the DB or in some instances, the additional simulcast information has been removed after another person reviewed it, even though the information is still correct.
Will you share examples in the database please?