Convert psredit500 files to EZ Scan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I currently own a PSR-500 and use the psredit500 software to program it. I decided to ask Santa for a new PSR-800 and I see that it comes with EZ scan software. psredit does not make software for the 800 last time I checked the website.

Can I convert my psr500 files in order to use it with the 800 via the EZ scan software? I have several trunked systems and all the radio ID's alpha tagged and really don't want to type all that out again.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I currently own a PSR-500 and use the psredit500 software to program it. I decided to ask Santa for a new PSR-800 and I see that it comes with EZ scan software. psredit does not make software for the 800 last time I checked the website.

Can I convert my psr500 files in order to use it with the 800 via the EZ scan software? I have several trunked systems and all the radio ID's alpha tagged and really don't want to type all that out again.
Using PSR-800 and EZ-Scan eliminates the need for other software. Run EZ-scan and first check for software update under Updates tab. Then check for update of Library under same tab. Then Import needed systems/conventional for your area and set each to a Scanlist.

The only typing required is on General Configuration Settings. Type in the Scanlist names.

rwier

I have, and use, all four entities that "setup" your question. My answers are "I don't know" and" I doubt it". I know these these are not "real" answers but are delivered to indicate to you that your question was not confusing and was quite understandable.

mikey60

There's no way to directly convert the PSREdit500 file to be used for the PSR-800 unfortunately.

Something you can do though, is to import the system from the library database without talkgroups in the EZ-Scan software, then switch to the Trunked Systems Tab, talkgroups sub-tab, copy the talkgroup information to the clipboard from PSREdit500, and then import from the clipboard into the EZ Scan software. It won't pick up the scanlist numbers that way though. You'd have to reset those manually.

You can do the same with Radio IDs on the radio ID sub-tab.

Mike

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Thanks for the workarounds gentlemen. Looks like I'll be cutting and pasting to the clipboard.

Mike...I'm guessing you're not developing a "psredit800?"

mikey60

Nope. GRE is not releasing the file formats to third party developers at this time.

Understandable with the investment they made creating their own software.

Mike

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
Oh man, after using "EZ-Scan" for two days, I was hoping so badly you would be making a program to replace it! I really hate it. It's not the worst thing I've ever used, but it's got some annoying things about it, and I was hoping for a something that would resolve them.

Oh well, one of these days, maybe..

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I think the author did a great job on the software, however the radio firmware is the limitation (as listed in the post release and firmware wants sticky threads) and could stand some additional features.

Status
Not open for further replies.