Converting type ii ID's to Type i - Uniden 996

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortonterrier

Premium Subscriber
I am monitoring a Motorola type i hybrid system using a Uniden 996. The system owner gave me the fleet map and I programmed the scanner accordingly. The fleetmap is 11222330. He also gave me the fleet ID of 205 for a group I am interested in listening to. So far, I haven't seen this id pop-up. I have logged numerous id's with the fleet map set to type ii & have confirmed that the fleetmap is correct. I gave the system owner one of the uniden codes that popped up & had him look it up in his system database - 320-1 was not listed.....Any help converting from motorola type i fleet codes to uniden and vice-versa would be appreciated.
Thanks, Norto

Nortonterrier

Premium Subscriber
Motorola Talkgroups - The RadioReference Wiki

Please see this page on converting ID's The Uniden ID #'s are not the same as the Mot ID #'s
HTH,
Keith,

I have looked at this page before & it only explains how to convert TYPE II Uniden Decimal to TYPE II Motorola HEX; ie: 208d = 00D0h, 2D30h=11568d.

I need to know how to convert a Motorola TYPE I Fleet ID to Uniden format and vice-versa;

Received on the Uniden scanner are ID's 200-1, 210-1, 320-1 & 320-2. What fleet codes would I use to program these ID's into a Motorola radio & how is this determined.

Fleet 205 is programmed into a motorola TYPE I radio. What codes would I use to program a Uniden scanner, assuming that I have a correct fleetmap?

Thanks for your help,
Norto

Nortonterrier

Premium Subscriber
PROGRAMMING TYPE I MOTOROLA ID's in a UNIDEN SCANNER

A Motorola Type II system would not have a TGID 205.

205 is the "TYPE I" FLEET ID that is programmed into the Motorola system controller & radios to operate on this fleet - There may be several subfleets as well. Is is necessary to convert 205 to a different format defore programming it into a Uniden scanner set-up to monitor a TYPE I hybrid system?

randyK

Try type 1 ID (200-1) as type 2 ID (16400), (210-1) as (17040), (320-1) as (25872), & (320-2) as (25888). I think the first two will work, but not sure about the last two with type 1, size 2 blocks. Randy

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

Motorola IDs are in the 7xxxxxx and 8xxxxxx format (not sure which is for radios and which is for groups, or even the exact number of digits). That is what you need in order to program a Motorola radio (or other commercial transceiver) to operate on a trunked system.

jerk

post the fleet map that you have please, and then we'll go from there.

ID "205" could be various ID's depending on the Fleet Map in use.
It is in Block 0 based on the known info given so far.

It could be any of the following, but the only way to tell is by the Fleet Map and Block size. 205; 003-0; 000-3; 000-1; 000-0; 001-2; 000-6; 000-3; 000-1

Status
Not open for further replies.