Cook County Dispatch in the suburbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRover

I had a conversation with a local Police Officer who advised me that they are less than satisfied with the new dispatch service. He spoke of coverage issues (read that as dead spots) and sound quality issues compared to the analog T band radios . I will not name the dept.in the interest of discretion . I will say that the previous service was Southwest Central Dispatch. These criticisms reflect the quality of the radio coverage and the dispatch service itself. We agreed that the cost savings to the suburb is substantial. I was also told that by law, these dispatch centers are not permitted to realize a profit but only to recoup costs of providing said service.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
can't speak for every center in the country but the comsolidated 9-1-1 center i worked for was considered a unit of local govt. our employees were all local govt employees. most of the centers in suburban chicago as well as the OEMC in Chicago are govt operations...Sourhwest Central, Northwest Central, Quad-Comm, Tri-Comm and,of course, DU-COMM.

Status
Not open for further replies.