Cook County TRS/StarCom21 Zone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Since I'm back in the Chicago area this summer, I've dedicated my free time to trying to figure out what exactly goes on with the big Cook County encrypted network. I have been able to identify quite a few talkgroups based on RIDs with what I would like to believe to be a fairly decent amount of accuracy, but obviously it's nearly impossible to know when you can't listen to what you're trying to identify. If anyone is interested in my findings, I can PM a list of my logs.

My reasons for starting this thread are as follows: 1. Does anyone have any information on when the medical examiner site will be up and running? The database has shown it for a while now but I don't have a control channel on any of the frequencies from my location. 2. Does anyone have any more information on the talkgroups "above" 25100? From what I can tell all talkgroups below are used by CCSP, and above are used by suburban agencies, but like I said it's impossible to know for sure from where I stand. 3. Does anyone have information on how areas like Dixmoor/Phoenix/Golf/etc. are dispatched, i.e. whether they have their own talkgroups or if they're lumped in on the CCSP North/South talkgroups? I can say for certain that Northlake has their own talkgroup, but they also switched to the system fairly late.

Any help anyone could provide for my summer project would be much appreciated, and I'd be happy to share what I've found with anyone who is interested! I'll respond to either PMs or responses on this thread itself.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Have you checked the "database " on this web site for Cook Co and for Starcom, may have some answers....

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
Have you checked the "database " on this web site for Cook Co and for Starcom, may have some answers....

Yes. Because of all the encryption, I doubt there have been any other serious attempts to figure things out. The Cook County page needs to be cleaned up. In particular, it references that the highway department has north and south talkgroups on the old Motorola system, but the system page makes no mention of these, and there's no link to go to the StarCom page which all but 1 site was moved to.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes , your correct there is no mention or designation of the towns assigned to any of there TG's down south....."ENC" sucks, my town is "TOTALLY ENC".....

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
CCSPD SC21 TRS

Since I'm back in the Chicago area this summer, I've dedicated my free time to trying to figure out what exactly goes on with the big Cook County encrypted network. I have been able to identify quite a few talkgroups based on RIDs with what I would like to believe to be a fairly decent amount of accuracy, but obviously it's nearly impossible to know when you can't listen to what you're trying to identify. If anyone is interested in my findings, I can PM a list of my logs.

My reasons for starting this thread are as follows: 1. Does anyone have any information on when the medical examiner site will be up and running? The database has shown it for a while now but I don't have a control channel on any of the frequencies from my location. 2. Does anyone have any more information on the talkgroups "above" 25100? From what I can tell all talkgroups below are used by CCSP, and above are used by suburban agencies, but like I said it's impossible to know for sure from where I stand. 3. Does anyone have information on how areas like Dixmoor/Phoenix/Golf/etc. are dispatched, i.e. whether they have their own talkgroups or if they're lumped in on the CCSP North/South talkgroups? I can say for certain that Northlake has their own talkgroup, but they also switched to the system fairly late.

Any help anyone could provide for my summer project would be much appreciated, and I'd be happy to share what I've found with anyone who is interested! I'll respond to either PMs or responses on this thread itself.

Riverside, Lyons, McCook, Stickney, North Riverside, Forest View & Brookfield Zoo Police Departments have transitioned over a while back. Unknown TG's as of yet. Park Ridge was supposed to be dispatch by WSCDC on Elmwood Park's Talkgroup per WSCDC Now Receiving Calls and Dispatching for the Park Ridge Police Department | West Suburban Consolidated Dispatch Center website not sure if this is still the case. Haven't heard or seen any activity from the MED EXAM TRS site as of yet but will continue to monitor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.