• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Coordinated frequencies, how long to complete after application submitted?

dickie757

Wired
I plan on obtaining a couple frequencies through a coordinator, that will be used at two different locations. These will be UHF >450 <470.

My question is, if I complete the application successfully, how long does it usually take to get "possession" of the frequencies?

It will be DMR emission, 7K60FXE

Thanks,
Dickie

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I just had a coordinator do 4 UHF frequencies for me, DMR also.

I submitted the application online. It took about a week for our purchasing guy to do the online payment. The day after he submitted the payment, I had the license.

That was through AASHTO, so other coordinators may vary. 24 hours from payment to license was pretty impressive.

dickie757

Wired
No kidding. I was expecting weeks, if not months.

Not sure why, but I think I'm going with WIA.

dickie757

Wired
For now, simplex, with base of same PEP, but greater ERP. Will consider single freq repeater down the road. The areas are well away from international coordination.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I added coordinated frequencies to an existing license. The coordination was very fast...a couple days. Updating the license with the FCC took a few weeks.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
In the meantime, were you allowed to use the new freqs, or did you have to wait for FCC amendment? On the amateur side, as long as you can provide the upgrade application, you don't have to wait for government update.

I'm not 100% sure, but the FCC license goes through a few stages before it is official. They have some internal "red light" review processes that have to be completed before it's official. Operating on the new frequencies before those processes are complete would probably not be allowed. I'll have to do some digging and see what I can find.

dickie757

Wired
Right on. I recall reading that a few months ago, but wasn't sure where I read it. I thought that as long as a coordinator was involved, and the application itself is correct, the license or modification is effective.

Seems the 10 day waiting period is the admin window to find a screw up

N4DES

Retired 0598 Czar ÆS Ø

§ 90.159 Temporary and conditional permits.

(a) An applicant for a license under this part (other than a commercial mobile radio license) utilizing an already licensed facility may operate the radio station(s) for a period of up to one hundred eighty (180) days after submitting a Form 601 application for a station license in accordance with § 90.127 of this part, provided that all the antennas employed by control stations are 6.1 meters (20 feet) or less above ground or 6.1 meters (20 feet) or less above a man-made structure other than an antenna tower to which it is affixed. When required by § 90.175 of this part, applications must be accompanied by evidence of frequency coordination. The temporary operation of stations, other than mobile stations within the Canadian coordination zone is limited to stations with a maximum of 5 watts effective radiated power and a maximum antenna height of 6.1 meters (20 ft) above average terrain.

(b) An applicant proposing to operate a new land mobile radio station or modify an existing station below 470 MHz or in the 769–775/799–805 MHz band, 806–824/851–866 MHz band, or the one-way paging 929–930 MHz band (other than a commercial mobile radio service applicant or licensee on these bands) that is required to submit a frequency coordination recommendation pursuant to paragraphs (b) through (h) of § 90.175 of this part may operate the proposed station during the pendency of its application for a period of up to one hundred eighty (180) days upon the filing of a properly completed formal Form 601 application that complies with § 90.127 of this part if the application is accompanied by evidence of frequency coordination in accordance with § 90.175 of this part and provided that the following conditions are satisfied:

dickie757

Wired
47 CFR 90.159(b)(6)

The applicant has submitted an application to the Commission stating the frequency the applicant intends to use and that the frequency coordination requirements specified in § 90.175 for selection and use of this frequency have been met and a minimum of ten business days has passed between submission of the application to the Commission and the onset of operation.

I submitted application to licensee, waiting for payment to WIA now

dickie757

Wired
WIA only changed one thing on my application....the radius of the use area...increased to 8km from 5km. Submitted to FCC this morning.

dickie757

Wired
One week from last Friday to today, from application submitted to FCC grant of license.

Very simple simplex frequency application.