Cop Shot in Fairfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalus

Just heard - officer shot in Fairfield. BOLO for a black male in a black Dodge, armed with a black handgun.

Update: Not sure, it sounds as if they have the shooter in custody on the GS Parkway, exit 149

mrkelso

Just heard - officer shot in Fairfield. BOLO for a black male in a black Dodge, armed with a black handgun.

Update: Not sure, it sounds as if they have the shooter in custody on the GS Parkway, exit 149

I just heard on Citywide that the car should have 13 holes in it from return fire. I also heard Teaneck warn all units of an attempted car jacking in Tenafly by a Black male in a black Dodge showing a black handgun.

luding2288

Premium Subscriber
Bergen Records website just posted an article on there website about the shooting. 1010wins.com also has it on the front page of there website also. Does not mention anything about anyone being caught yet. I caught some chatter on the scanner earlier but have not heard anything as of yet. Does anyone have any other info?

luding2288

Premium Subscriber
I agree I hope they catch this guy. I did just here that they are still looking for him. He is driving a black dodge magnum.

THOMASMORGAN

Premium Subscriber

Officer Gerald Veneziano shot 4-5 times. In stable condition. Airlifted to hospital. Two black men in a Dodge Mannam with tinted windows. Similar car stopped on Parkway. Not the right one. Still at large. Any infor call 073-227-1400

mdragon

Just heard updates on the Madison, Chatham, and South Orange PD channels that they are now looking for a Dodge Nitro, not a Dodge Magnum, in connection with this shooting. Also the State Police have a helicopter detailed again today to assist with the search.

12:35: Essex County Sheriff on Essex Prosecutor's channel announced that the Nitro is in addition to the Magnum, not instead of it, but haven't heard that confirmed else where.

Last edited:

mdragon

What plate Number did they give last plate i have is WWF86T

They're saying now a dark colored Dodge Magnum, Nitro, or Caliber, partial NJ plate I think was WH, but I wasn't 100% listening after I realized it was only 2 characters.

mdragon

A lot of digital activity on UTAC 5 today.

They had been using one of the UTACs (I believe it was 4) for non-Fairfield units in and around Fairfield but that was in analog the past few days. They were all calling it ITAC so they either had it patched together somewhere, or it was mislabeled. They were communicating with the State Police Air units the last few days on that channel and last night the units on that channel were responding to business alarms etc. covering the normal day-to-day stuff.

I don't have a digital scanner, so I can only surmise that they've moved over to digital from the few transmissions this morning that we in analog mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.