copperas cove

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyweiser78

i bought me a pro 163 yesterday and have spent two days trying to listen to the copperas cove pd( coryell county} but all i get is a humming noise ive searched and tried and searched some more and now i need help. will this scanner even pick them up or did i waste my time and money my boot mode is 1.01 and the app mode is 1.07. i really have searched how do i change it from narrow to wide? ive used arc and win97 HELP me please

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
i bought me a pro 163 yesterday and have spent two days trying to listen to the copperas cove pd( coryell county} but all i get is a humming noise ive searched and tried and searched some more and now i need help. will this scanner even pick them up or did i waste my time and money my boot mode is 1.01 and the app mode is 1.07. i really have searched how do i change it from narrow to wide? ive used arc and win97 HELP me please
I'm much too far away to confirm it, one way or the other. However, looking at the notes on the system in the database:
Copperas Cove Trunking System, Cooperas Cove, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

The description indicates system voice as "ProVoice & Analog", and there's also a 'news update', "EDACS System Key (ESK) reported in use on this system".

If they are, indeed, using ProVoice, and possibly ESK, then you would not be able to monitor any talkgroup that was ProVoice. That most likely would be the PD talkgroups. There are no ProVoice capable scanners. For more on why ProVoice cannot be monitored, see this stickied thread. While the comments are regarding San Antonio's ProVoice system, they would apply to other systems using the same transmissions.

buddyweiser78

Thanks I really thought I was doing something wrong. That sticky was pretty old you figure 6 years later they would have something to listen to provoice.

Status
Not open for further replies.