Copy data from PSR-800 to PSR-600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhennis

I have a PSR-800 configured the way I want. I just picked up a PSR-600 and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with moving the data from an 800 to a 600...if that's at all possible. I would like to use the 800 on the road and the 600 to stream as it passes along alpha tags. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't think it's possible. They use different ways of storing and utilizing data. At least it seems that way from my experience with my Pro 197 and using a PSR 800. It would be nice to be able to do that, though.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I have both the 800 and RS 197 and I have not figured out a way to do it. Like garys said they use two different ways of storing data.

tomhennis

I suppose the EZ Scan software for the 800 is different than that of the 600 too? Otherwise I thought perhaps you could read it from one and write it from the software to the other.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Yes. Two totally different software. EZ Scan is what GRE supplied and the 600 uses third party programming software (ARC500, Win 500 PSREdit500). The 800 software is not compatible with the others. Not even close to same format or anything.

Simply Put,,Theres no copying from EZScan.
Function is disabled/Non existent...Part of the
EZScan database agreement between RR and GRE..

Regardless of the radio you want to transfer the data from/to..
No Dice..

tomhennis

Thanks for the input guys! Hopefully the learning curve for the 600 is a little smaller than that of the 800! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.