Copying between a TRX-1 and a TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
I have a TRX-1 and TRX-2. I like to archive from one to the other, so that both scanners operate exactly the same. My scan lists and talk groups are the same for both. The only issue is the settings for each radio are different: Display, Volume, DSP Levels, ADC, etc. Is there a way I can copy scanner to scanner everything except these features? Now I have keep a piece of paper with all those setting written down and then I have to manually redo them each time I make any additions or deletions from programming. I don't know which folder contains these settings. If I did I would just add that folder back in before writing it back to the SD card. Thanks!

DJ11DLN

AFAIK there is no way to do what you are wanting. You have to re-enter the various settings manually. I share files between several Whistler/Grecom types, I just use the "Restore Defaults" function and manually enter what I have to. It's a bit of a PITA, but not nearly as big a one as building a whole file from scratch for each series.

Ubbe

I have a TRX-1 and TRX-2. I like to archive from one to the other, so that both scanners operate exactly the same.
On the SD card you have a CDAT folder that contains all your scanlist settings in files that begin with a PL name, it will be 201 ones and there's also a scanset config file and a default file that starts with PL. All trunked system files will begin with a TS name, that will exactly match the number of trunked systems you have programmed. All those PL and TS files should be the same for both scanners and should be enough to copy if you do not need the conventional frequency files.

Conventional frequencies are in the files that start with CG, a data file and a index file. All files are compressed using an unknown algorithm.

The global settings are in a file called ISCAN___.GLB so that are the file that you probably cannot move between TRX-1 and TRX-2. The ISCAN file also seems to contain some sort of checksum and is compiled and saved when you start scan. I don't know what the ISCAN___.TSM are used for but that are probably also a file that you should leave in each scanner. You can copy the ISCAN files and save as a backup somewhere.

If you keep track of what changes you do to a system in one scanner and make note of its two digit system index hex number, then you only have to copy those five files that contain the frequencies and sites and TG's and so on for that system, all files that have the same TS000xxx name but have different extensions ._XX

I don't have two TRX scanners so cannot test if it works, if there are some other integrity checks that makes it impossible to copy files between scanners, but it seems to be possible when I check what files are altered and which ones are not when I edit something.

Which scanlists you have in scan are in the ISCAN file that cannot be copied so that you have to set up individually in each scanner.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.