Coral Springs, Fl system trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl215

Is there anyone who monitors the Coral Springs/Margate (Mot Type II,analog) Public safety system in Broward? For the past month or so, I'm having a problem with frequency 853.8750. It seems after units, police & fire, are finished transmitting there is an open mic sound & I have to move off the ID I'm listening to in order to clear it. This happens when I monitor in trunked mode as well as if I monitor the system in conventional mode on my BCD396XT & PRO94.

I haven't had this issue prior to a month ago and I've made the necessary programming adjustments for rebanding. It seems to be with this 1 frequency. I didn't know if this had to do with the changes with the county system (which they haven't been a part of) or if it's just my scanners or location.

This only happens when any of the other frequencies are the control channel. If 853.8750 is the CC then the issue doesn't occur.

Anyone have any information? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

watchtower6

Premium Subscriber
Not much help but just confirming you are not alone. There is an open carrier on 853.8750 when it is not the CC. Different scanners handle it differently. Not having a problem on newer ones but it was giving my BC246T fits. Glad you posted, thought it was dying on me.

sl215

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J3 Safari/6533.18.5)

I changed some settings on my 396xt and it works better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.