Corcoran, Hanford, Leemore Police Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk6yus

Hello all,

I am curious if any others monitor within the Corcoran, Hanford and Leemore area.

It is my understanding their use of P25 for Police operations is a matter of interoperability. Though simply listening is easy enough, I am trying to gain a better understanding of the overall system - it confuses me.

Corcoran PD, for example, conducts dispatch on 460.300 MHz. At the same time, I am able to hear dispatch traffic on 465.300 MHz. The 465.300 MHz channel sounds as though it is a simulcast, as the audio is distorted, typical of such systems. Their antenna masts appear to have a number of directional antennas which I figure might be pointed towards Hanford and Leemore.

Could it be that this second channel (465.300 MHz) be an interop simulcast?

Such mystery.

kma371

QRT
As I mentioned in the submission you made, 465.300 is the input to the 460.300 repeater. You may be close enough to hear them transmitting on the input.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
It's standard, the input/mobile frequency is 5 Mhz higher on that part of the UHF public service spectrum. So the 460 frequency should be the repeater/base frequency and the 465 frequency is the mobile/base input to the repeater. (The base may not operate the repeater this way, but the mobile will always use the input frequency)

Put a stubby antenna on the back of your receiver and switch back and forth while a mobile is transmitting, if you lose the signal or is degrades that is the input frequency. I'll bet the 465 frequency is the input to the repeater. Let us know what you find, Thanks.

kk6yus

As I mentioned in the submission you made, 465.300 is the input to the 460.300 repeater. You may be close enough to hear them transmitting on the input.

It's standard, the input/mobile frequency is 5 Mhz higher on that part of the UHF public service spectrum. So the 460 frequency should be the repeater/base frequency and the 465 frequency is the mobile/base input to the repeater. (The base may not operate the repeater this way, but the mobile will always use the input frequency)

Put a stubby antenna on the back of your receiver and switch back and forth while a mobile is transmitting, if you lose the signal or is degrades that is the input frequency. I'll bet the 465 frequency is the input to the repeater. Let us know what you find, Thanks.

You're both spot on! I switched antennas and am only able to hear 465.300 MHz intermittently/degraded and only from mobiles, but not from dispatch, during conversations. Thank you for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.