cordless phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin4Wyo

RogerH11 said:
I don't listen to phone calls but at the same time, I spend the money to buy a radiotelephone that can't be picked up on a scanner. If you want privacy then pay for it. If I'm stupid enough to talk OTA on a cheap phone so others could listen, then that's my problem and no piece of paper saying it's illegal will protect me, nor are people here who are moralist preaching that it's illegal to listen to going to proctect me as well. I protect myself by buying equipment that can't be heard OTA, and if somehow somebody comes up with a way to listen, then good for them.

I'm not arguing that point at all, and I think we've all established that if anyone wants to listen, it will be done rather handily. I was more concerned with him admitting criminal activity in a public setting such as this.

Judging by your post, I'm going to assume that if you were inclined to listen in on something of this nature, you'd have good sense enough to, ya know, not post it for the whole world to know.

There's also that small part of me that wants to ask him why he has any desire to eavesdrop on his family's phone calls (as my family's calls were all pretty damned boring, as near as I could tell), but I decided to leave that to the side. Somehow, though, I don't think his mom's conversation with Aunt Ethel could be THAT engaging, could it? Nor would there be reason for him to need to be covert about it.

Last edited:

n4voxgill

Silent Key
I wonder if he peeks through the key hole when his mother is in the bathroom. Invasion of privacy covers all the freak things. And, they are only prohibited by words on a piece of paper

RIPPED407

wow kewl on that frequency i think i hear my wireless router and usb adapter tones.. LOL

rafale01010

digital

Houston County's trunking system is all digital as far as i know(with possibly a few exceptions) thats how i pick it up on my 96, and the money was well spent(all $400 of it). I wont be doing it anymore bc the speech is unintelligible and now i know is a waste of my time. And just thinking bout looking at my mom thru the keyhole is just plain sick.

57Bill

Do you guys really believe a public agency would read a post about someone admitting he listened to a cordless phone conversation - didn't expose what he heard, and didn't contend is was anything more than usual social BS - and would pursue prosecution in a court of law for violation of ECPA? Come on guys! Did you same people dare to talk without permission in your second grade class when the teacher left the room?!
I never read more posts by a more moral, more law-abiding, more "scared of your own shadow" group anywhere, than on RR over the past few years, since I found it..

Austin4Wyo

57Bill said:
Do you guys really believe a public agency would read a post about someone admitting he listened to a cordless phone conversation - didn't expose what he heard, and didn't contend is was anything more than usual social BS - and would pursue prosecution in a court of law for violation of ECPA? Come on guys! Did you same people dare to talk without permission in your second grade class when the teacher left the room?!
I never read more posts by a more moral, more law-abiding, more "scared of your own shadow" group anywhere, than on RR over the past few years, since I found it..

Jesus, I just brought it up for the sake of argument so this individual might think twice.

Secondly, it interception falls under the applicable laws, not just disclosure (though I'm in full agreeance with the "how do you prove it part." It's damn hard to figure out they intercepted it if they don't divulge what was heard).

Thirdly, does everyone always get this big a wedgie when someone points out the laws, even if trivial?

Fourthly, I love the attitude of people that "It's only illegal if you get caught." Kind of a different take on "letter of the law vs. spirit of the law."

elephant

EFjohnsonVHF said:
Listening to corldless phones is fun, Especially when the person you're listening to has call waiting and I have *67, That makes things...........VERY INTERESTING.

This makes it MORE interesting. Get a DTMF decoder from Ramsey. Hook it up to the scanner and then tune in the cordless phones. Its amazing how many people access their bank accounts over a cordless! With the decoder, you can get all the info needed to get into their account. I have a neighbor that orders a lot of stuff off the home shopping network. She enters her credit card number over the cordless and the decoder brings up the numbers slick as a whistle.

Would I ever use this information? Hell No!
Why do it? Because I can.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Well this has gone on too long already.

Ben, Houston Co., GA; where Perry is located. :wink:

The whole telephone thing has been discussed to death on this site and now everyone is turning on each other over a point that self-evident.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.