Cornelius, NC - North Mecklenburg Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

condor11

I never hear any mobile to base, or Conf. in Cornelius.??? Trunked or regular.
And http://www.bearcat1.com/fleetnc.htm has a diff list of freqs for North Meck, but still nothing.

Are these frequencies being used by a trunked system. If so what? Any Information ..... about anything in Cornelius.....

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
condor11 said:
I never hear any mobile to base, or Conf. in Cornelius.??? Trunked or regular.
And http://www.bearcat1.com/fleetnc.htm has a diff list of freqs for North Meck, but still nothing.

Are these frequencies being used by a trunked system. If so what? Any Information ..... about anything in Cornelius.....

1st off: This site is more reliable that bearcat1.com in almost every regard...that site has not updated its info in years where Radioreference.com is updated daily...so I would not recommend using that site for any type of frequency information....stick with the proven leader here at radioreference.com...
2nd: I am going to let the charlotte folks answer your other questions....

nwalshjr

Premium Subscriber
Huntersville & Cornelius are dispatch by North Meck Communications. Each jurisdiction has its own set of talkgroups in addition to the common dispatch channels. When a Huntersville unit says to go to conference (more often they call it Channel 3), they go to the one listed below. The same is true for Cornelius.

North Meck Communications
26160 NM-1 Dispatch
26096 NM-2 Dispatch-2 (or referred to as Channel 2)

Huntersville
15152 CNF 1 Police Conference 1 (also referred to as Channel 3
15184 CNF 2 Police Conference 2
15216 INV Police Investigations
15248 TAC 1 Police Tactical 1
15280 TAC 2 Police Tactical 2

Cornelius
26192 CNF 1 Police Conference 1 (also referred to as Channel 3)
15024 CNF 2 Police Conference 2
15056 INV Police Investigations
15088 TAC 2 Police Tactical 2
26128 TAC 1 Police Tactical 1

Nick Walsh
Huntersville NC

derekjmu

Premium Subscriber
the "north system" refered to on 'the other site' is no longer in service.

the "south system" is now simulcast in the cornelius, huntersville area.

and i echo KE4ZNR's comment. this IS the premier website for radio frequency info, trunking system info, etc. you won't find another site with as many updates & info all in one place.

enjoy!

condor11

Excellent

A big thank you for the replies made. As far as radioreference.com, I Completely concur
with the replies stating this is the best Reference site out there. I've been looking around
and will now look no further. This place is TOPS!!! Many Kudos to everyone involved in
making this ref site the way it is!

:)

blambert1313

the "north system" refered to on 'the other site' is no longer in service.

the "south system" is now simulcast in the cornelius, huntersville area.

and i echo KE4ZNR's comment. this IS the premier website for radio frequency info, trunking system info, etc. you won't find another site with as many updates & info all in one place.

enjoy!

Any advice on how to receive this town using BCD396XT? I believe I have all the frequencies and these TGIDs in properly, yet I don't get much. Thanks in advance for the assist.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Wow. Looks like you jumped into a thread with info from 12 years ago. A lot has changed! According to RR database Cornelius PD now uses a couple of talkgroups in the Charlotte USAI P25 system.

blambert1313

Thanks for the reply. It's Cornelius, primarily. I read at one point that Cornelius could be heard on Charlotte UASI CMPD North Division Dispatch. I do hear some traffic on that talk group, however it's as though the conversation is incomplete - as if I programmed the trunking wrong. I just want to know if the BCD396XT is capable of receiving talks groups on Charlotte UASI or is the equipment not able to.

kg4pbd

Thanks for the reply. It's Cornelius, primarily. I read at one point that Cornelius could be heard on Charlotte UASI CMPD North Division Dispatch. I do hear some traffic on that talk group, however it's as though the conversation is incomplete - as if I programmed the trunking wrong. I just want to know if the BCD396XT is capable of receiving talks groups on Charlotte UASI or is the equipment not able to.

The 396 can receive talkgroups on the UASI system, but not necessarily well. You may have issues with LSM distortion. The UASI system is simulcast, and the 396 isn't great handling simulcast. With simulcast distortion you may hear pieces of the transmission, but it's broken up, with occasional clear reception. Location and antenna are key.

nwalshjr

Premium Subscriber

Cornelius PD has their own dispatch center. You will find their talkgroups on the RadioRefernce website.

Huntersville PD, Davidson PD, and CMPD North Division are all dispatched on the CMPD North talkgroups.

Regarding the BCD396XT, it will pick up the Charlotte UASI system. That said, there are issues with simulcast distortion (essentially multiple towers sending the same digital signal) with that unit.

I have a Unication G5 which has no issues. Not sure why Uniden cannot figure it out after all these years.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure Uniden and Whistler are capable of figuring out simulcast distortion issues. I imagine the bigger question is figuring out how much consumers will pay for better performance. It appears we may get an answer soon at least from Uniden with the forthcoming SDS100.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
Whistler announced today they are gonna release new scanners soon capable of better simulcast performance.

nwalshjr

Premium Subscriber
North Meck Communications used to include Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, and Davidson College.

Huntersville and Davidson now get dispatched by CMPD. There is really no North Meck Communications anymore.

Cornelius is listed in the database along with some of there talkgroups. Some are not listed.

nwalshjr

Premium Subscriber
If you want to listen to Huntersville and/or Davidson, they are dispatched of of the CMPD North talkgroups. Each municipality also has additional talkgroups (some are not listed in RadioReferrence).

Status
Not open for further replies.