Corps of Engineers dredge operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
At the Outer Banks and in Southport I have observed several dredging operations taking place by US Army Corps of Engineers dredges.

Anyone run across what frequency they are using onboard or for general operations along the coast (internal traffic)? I have heard them on the regular marine channels talking with other boats.

I know they have P25 repeaters for operations at their lake sites, but they have a much wider area of operation along the coast.

ecps92

Likely VHF Marine only to talk to near-by Vessels

Here in New England many of the ACoE projects are contracted out to Commercial Dredgers and they only rely on VHF Marine for Safety/Transit alerts, not much to chat about for Crane/Dredge Ops

Other than VHF Marine, we can only speculate to search 162-174
At the Outer Banks and in Southport I have observed several dredging operations taking place by US Army Corps of Engineers dredges.

Anyone run across what frequency they are using onboard or for general operations along the coast (internal traffic)? I have heard them on the regular marine channels talking with other boats.

I know they have P25 repeaters for operations at their lake sites, but they have a much wider area of operation along the coast.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I will try the known repeater outputs/inputs of 173.5875, 165.4125, and 163.4375 for simplex activity. Just like to try and have everything programmed in already rather than spend time searching if they are known to someone already. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

spacellamaman

163.4875 pl186.2

I will try the known repeater outputs/inputs of 173.5875, 165.4125, and 163.4375 for simplex activity. Just like to try and have everything programmed in already rather than spend time searching if they are known to someone already. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

i rx'd 163.4875 PL186.2 out there in 2016. i'll direct you to a previous post on that and leave it at that.

http://forums.radioreference.com/fe...373-u-s-army-corps-engineers.html#post2823831

Status
Not open for further replies.