Corpus Christi Air Show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
I just received this list from an excellent source at NAS Corpus Christi. He has been around forever and everything he ever gave me was 100% dead on.

The Airshow will be April 14-15. According to the official website’s FAQ page scanners and FRS/GMRS radios will be allowed. Other transmitters will not. Here is the link to the official site:
http://www.corpuschristiairshow.com/

If anyone wants a good WIN 97 file for the area PM me and I will send it to you. I will also try and get a good WIN95 file setup ASAP. If anyone else has another good file for other scanners, I will be happy to be the clearing house for all requests. If I can help anyone from outside the area just let me know.

Ok, got a bunch of freqs, some confirmed in use this year, some confirmed in use in the past because I got them out of my scanner from the last air show, pretty long list but any of them may be used at any time for the shows, and there may be a problem getting scanners onto the flight line, they are talking about restricting "electronic listening devices", whatever they consider that to be, will find out more and advise - that said here goes:

141.55 - FM - maintenance
143.600 - AM - ground support
237.8 - AM - air-air
238.15 - AM - air-air
237.8 - AM - ground start-up
273.3 - AM - ground and start-up
275.3 - AM - around and start-up
139.8125 - FM - communications cart
142.6425 - FM - comm cart
173.825 - FM - comm cart
143.000 - AM - observers
238.150 - AM - diamond formation A/C
263.25 - AM - formation A/C
264.550 - AM - formation A/C
265.000 - AM - formation A/C
275.3 - AM - formation A/C
284.250 - AM - formation A/C
299.650 - AM - formation A/C
307.700 - AM - formation A/C
237.80 - AM - solos
249.625 - AM - solos
251.600 - AM - solos
345.900 - AM - solos
346.500 - AM - solos
237.800 - AM - solos/delta formation
275.360 - AM - solos/delta formation
236.45 - AM - Fat Albert Airlines
283.35 - AM - Fat Albert Airlines
273.3 - AM - Fat Albert JATO demo
and ones in my scanner that I heard last show. all AM mode

There will start being activity the week before as the press-lead ships get here along with Fat Albert, then the practices and the Friday practice show will be the freqs they use the rest of the demos - will try and get which tower freqs are gonig to be used for the rest of the flight demos and send that along later.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Corpus Christi NAS Air Show

It says right on that webpage you posted under FAQ that scanners are allowed along with gmrs/frs but transmitters/transceivers are not...So would you think that someone would say no? I know thats possible at the gate I would hate to have to take my scanner back to the car. Usually you can't even walk on the base..I would hate to take a bus back just to put a scanner back in the car..What are you going to do?

Gus

Last edited:

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
Scanners on Base

I posted basically what was sent to me. This individual is a radio enthusiast and helps out with the air show. The information on the Official Site was “accurate” until the webmaster published the information to the public. In typical government fashion these directives are only carved in Jell-o and can change at any time. We may be allowed to bring scanners in to the flight line right up to show time, then some young sailor manning the gate may know nothing about radios and stop you. Usually things run pretty smooth here. I am not anticipating any problems. As always when dealing with the military remember “Semper Gumby” always flexible.

As for what I am going to do. I do not plan on coming to the public show unless I have to work, which 99% will not happen. I plan on having my scanner on my desk during the week running up to the show and then listen to the show from home Saturday. Some of the best viewing for the air show is from off base around Oso Bay, Laguna Madre, and Corpus Christi Bay. There is a park on Ennis Joslin Road where it meets Nile. You can get close to the water and look directly at the NAS flight line.

If I hear anything about security getting tighter and a specific ban on scanners I will pass the info on here.

bpckty1

"...scanners are allowed along with gmrs/frs but transmitters/transceivers are not..."

Does this apply to cell phones, since they are transceivers?
;^>

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting excited about this one! I still have the win97 file that you sent me Larry, are there any new things I need to know about for the file? I haven't watched the Blue Angels in decades.

Rich

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
THis just in this AM. No boats will be allowed in the Oso Bay or in CC Bay Near the flight path area. Ocean Drive will be closed from TAMUCC to the North Gate. Scanners will not be a problem.

Thunder- I lost my programming cable when I bought my new desk . I will find it in the next few days and send you the updated file with the Blues info in it.

ThunderBritches

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Larry. I was trying to decide if I'm going on base or not for the show. Your info does clear up that one. I'll just brave the crowd and go on base.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.