Corpus Christi Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to say outstanding work by everyone out there. I took Gus's numbers, and they are working well. We'll just have to see how many talkgroups we're missing. Probably everything tactical, but I suppose that's expected, meaning I guess we can't follow the prostitution stings out behind our TV station anymore. Nooooooo!! :)

nueces162

Ok, looks like LCN-09 on the Shoreline site changed to 854.1125, thats the one I was missing, also 2 of the freqs in addition to LCN-09 seem to have changed on the Robstown/Bluntzer site, not sure if there are more changes but they were all getting their portables reprogged this morning so guess now we wait and see - - - - - -

so, the changes thus far look like;

on Shoreline LCN-09 is now 854.1125, and LCN-10 is 854.3875 and there may or may not be a freq for LCN-16

on Robstown/Bluntzer site LCN-09 is 857.0875, LCN-03 and LCN-10 seem to have changed but no freqs for them yet

and you are right Gus, there are more scannerheads here in CC than I thought too, and I've got you beat on time listening, have been monitoring Corpus PD since 1969 when they had one simplex frequency on 155.610, WAY back before scanners

gus426

Premium Subscriber
But Nueces163 I stated scanning Corpus Christi's TRS since 1999 It was not scannable with a trunk scanner till around then...I used to scan in the middle 80's UHF 460.100 the only frequency I can remember right off, before the city switched over to this current system in 1990...

gus426

Premium Subscriber
I have my scanner going ok I think I'm going to wait a few more days before I change ANYTHING. Lets see what what happens over the next few days hopefully we will get an official update on the TRS database here at radioreference.com. I think I'm going to use my back up scanner as my TESTING scanner....Hopefully we will have more info.by then.

Last edited:

davidbond21

Now if someone could get the LCN for 854.1125 and the old control of 856.4375 we will all be happy scanner people again.

David

David, while you are running UniTrunker, if you happen to have another analog scanner around, you can tune it to the frequency whose LCN you want to find out. When you start hearing either voice or ProVoice noise on that frequency, look in Unitrunker at one of the new LCNs that popped up as 0.00000 to see which one of the new unknown LCNs is showing to be busy with a voice call. Hopefully if you have more than one unknown LCN, only one will be busy at the time, but this should help you figure out the order quicker.

ok guys see if u can help me out on this problem i dont have a trunk tracker do i also need to plug these frequencies into my scanner although i do hear medic and fire traffic also pd. Another question i have is do u all pick up public works also or like other people besides pd and fire????

davidbond21

ok guys see if u can help me out on this problem i dont have a trunk tracker do i also need to plug these frequencies into my scanner although i do hear medic and fire traffic also pd. Another question i have is do u all pick up public works also or like other people besides pd and fire????

You can, but without a trunk tracking scanner, you're not going to be able to follow conversations very easily. This is especially true if the system is large and is usually busy. That's why you're hearing every type of communications there are at the moment the way you're scanning; PD, Fire, EMS, Public Works, Dog Catchers, Lifeguards. You'll hear everything but you can't be selective about it. From a monitoring standpoint, this leaves a lot to be desired, but at least you can hear something.

People with trunking scanners can listen to only the types of communications and channels(talkgroups) that they want and ignore the more rote of voice comms like public works. They need the new frequencies that have been found for their scanners to correctly follow these conversations. Plugging it into your scanner will give you an extra voice channel, but it'll only contribute to the noise of conventionally scanning across a trunked system, though you might as well put 'em in.

davidbond21

Great thanks that helped alot i think im going to see if i can find a trunking scanner for cheap another question......is it hard to program a trunk tracker?

Not when you have a great forum like RR to get help from. :)

I would say that if you're not familiar with exactly what trunking is, then the programming may seem a little foreign to you. Get a scanner(first off, one capable of tuning rebanded 800MHz) that allows you program it from a computer which will make the task much, much easier.

Plus, since you're a Premium Member, I think most of the scanner programming software platforms out there will allow you to download the trunking systems, frequencies, talkgroups and all to your scanner without you having to plug them in yourself. This will also let you see how the different trunking systems are supposed to be entered into the scanner properly, helping to educate yourself too on the matter.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
changes are still being made the control channel that was working on the shoreline tower yesterday is not working today im currently able to track the violet tower. I heard a PD officer calling in trouble with his radio. do they know what they are doing? when will things be permanent?

ANYBODY?

gus

charliealaniz

hello gus im new to the forum but i have had plenty of scanners just dont understand the new pro 106
i bought it already programmed from radio shack and now i can not pick up local pd on it i see you own one i also have pro 94

gus426

Premium Subscriber
ok this afternoon i have shoreline control channel at 854.1125 and violet running on 857.0875 which is different on both from yesterday..

wahooridge

Hey Gus,

I have no idea when these changes are gonna be permanent... I'm not sure CCPD knows either. I saw your post about scanning in the mid 80's. It brought back memories. I use to scan back then also. If I remember correctly I think CCPD just had a North Channel and South Channel, one or two mobile channels and a vice channel back in the day.

What does everyone think about Pro Voice and departments going digital. Do you think once the majority of them do switch over will a scanner come out that can listen to them... or not?

I mean I'm sure when they all went from conventional to trunked frequencies they thought no one would be able to hear them again, and bam truncked scanners came out. I just think to many people like to use scanners and companies what to make money from that so their will always be a new scanner that will pick up on the new technology... what does anyone think?

gus426

Premium Subscriber
From what i remember it was just 2 channels and their mobile channels im listening right now and WE aren't the only ones having trouble so are the pd offiicers..get it straight mike white..with all that testing you did you still didn't' get it right...lol sorry back to your question from what i have read there will never be a ProVoice scanner but there are digital scanners and i never thought that would happen so you never know. I keep hearing Im having problems with my radio i wonder if all this BS was worth it i hope the programmers and whoevers idea this was go home with a headache...lol

davidbond21

What does everyone think about Pro Voice and departments going digital. Do you think once the majority of them do switch over will a scanner come out that can listen to them... or not?

Unfortunately, there's not likely to be a ProVoice scanner anytime soon or even a ways out, and it has a lot more to do with legalities(it's a proprietary protocol that must be licensed out, and they refuse to do it possibly because one of the selling points on digital EDACS systems is they are unmonitorable) than it has to do with hardware limitations of the scanners.

Even if your entire system went to exclusively using ProVoice, this is but a tiny blip on a tiny map of the number of ProVoice systems in use. Besides legal difficulties, manufacturers must also be able to justify the development of a new and expensive digital scanner. I'm guessing they are probably looking at the number of ProVoice systems overall, not the amount of ProVoice talkgroups used on these systems (some places only have a few tgs and the rest are analog). Of course, until they can lawfully make and sell such scanners, they may not be even bothering to look at it at all.

Personally what do I think about ProVoice? Once you figure out how to get around the voice comm blackout(i.e. using an actual radio), the voice quality sounds pretty darn good. In my opinion it's superior to P25, giving much more natural sounding voices(most of the time; the 2-pack-a-day smokers still sound like monotonous robots) and having mostly eliminated the background noise that P25 generates when a mic is keyed but nobody talks into it for a few moments. It's really a shame that people aren't able to listen in.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Ok as of 7:00pm the control channels are...Shoreline 856.4375 and Violet 856.2375 these are on the current TRS list here in the database...It seems that they will change in the morning between 8:00- 9:30am that seems to be the time when the control channel changes..That's just from what I have noticed. Of course if they change in the middle of the night or very early in the morning I won't be listening or posting it because I will be asleep..

Gus

Last edited:

LarryN

South Texas DB Admin
Premium Subscriber
I am scanning the Shorline site in my office this AM. I am using the LCN listed in the DB right now. The only change is to #10, now 854.3875.

Also I am waiting to update the DB until we are 100% sure of the changes.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Im scanning Shoreline also I have freq. 854.3875 in #16 with the old freq in #10 I seem to be scanning just fine and it doesn't seem to be missing anything, I know they need to be in order so far today it seems to be switching control channels ok on the Shoreline tower this morning.

Thanks

Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.